Author Topic: hilborn pump  (Read 7296 times)

Offline hotrod316

• View Profile
hilborn pump
« on: May 21, 2014, 12:28:47 PM »
help please!
Hilborn pump ?
numbers one the pump
1-2067
pg-1  08
thanks Steve m. 8)

Offline Pipe Dreams

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.09@165
  • Your Engine: 416 small block MOPAR
  • Your Track: Milan,Mi or Norwalk,Oh
  • Your Vehicle: 170" woody gilmore fed
Re: hilborn pump
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:28:04 PM »
Have a couple old hilborn pumps spud just freshened. 1 is like a dash 1 enderle pump. Both of my pumps are number 1's and flow 6.42 and 6.67 gpm respectively. The second numbers are just the serial number.

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 03:45:23 PM »
help please!
Hilborn pump ?
numbers one the pump
1-2067
pg-1  08
thanks Steve m. 8)

Yup, it's a -1 so it should make more than 6 GPM if it's healthy. The "PG" is definitely a Hilborn thing. Generally, it should say 150A, 150C, 175 or something like that after the PG. Maybe someone ground it off or something?

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

Offline hotrod316

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 05:43:59 AM »
thanks x2
steve m

Offline hotrod316

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 01:57:10 PM »
ok gang, trying to figure out the plumbing on this pump, read somewhere hilborn no longer recomends using certain ports on their pumps.  this is the same pump as before, thinking its a pg-150b with the center 5 ground down to a single point, can read pg-1.0B so we will say it is.

have  blocked off the "relief" port and wanting to use the "bypass" fir our main idle circuit. would be alright in your book spud...
here is some pic glory saorry for so small couldnt get below the 150kb index (tryed putting boost and nitro to it) :o

thanks matt

PS- just any new radiator hose for an import for my 1" fuel hose to connect my tank will be methanol and nitro safe right? just wanted to be sure, thanx again
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:01:47 PM by hotrod316 »

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 02:50:07 PM »

I haven't heard anything besides "Don't use the ball and spring relief". The PG-150A pumps have a seat in them that a big ball bearing sits against...a spring on top and it rides against the fitting screwed in over it. Those should be removed.

If that's your main check valve in the pump, that should work fine. Some people recommend against mounting a check valve directly into the pump (vs. inline in a hose) due to vibration. I think it's ok in your case because that check valve is going to be open any time the motor is running anyway.

As long as all the cavities in that pump are open to the same space (no springs, balls, or other stuff in between), any of the ports should all deliver the same flow and pressure.

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

dreracecar

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »
Main fuel line hose can be Radiator hose and not affected by alc. But I do use hose from NAPA hoping to get good quality vs who knows what from the other places. Use the straight with no more gap then the dia of the hose and just the bend section to the pump. Always buy 2 and keep one in the trailer for a spare, they dont cost that much

Offline hotrod316

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 12:55:21 PM »
sweet thanks guys! now to figure out that fuel filter i almost forgot about... ???

dreracecar

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 03:13:16 PM »
Never used a filter, only strained the fuel when filling the tank and then I was using enderle nozzles and jets, but with hilborn nozzles it would be wise to run a filter because of the fine screen that hilborn uses in the nozzles.