Author Topic: Got track videos from the Sept Picton race yesterday  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Dolmetsch

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: dont bother with times anyome (last 4 years) just
  • Your Engine: 225 slant six Dodge . 246 cubes on 94 octane
  • Your Track: Picton Airfield
  • Your Vehicle: The Senior Dragster
Got track videos from the Sept Picton race yesterday
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:13:03 AM »
Yesterday the Armdrop group had their spring lunch to start off the new year. I stopped by for  visit and got a USB stick with the tracks video. They video every single run. This one was from the Sept 2013 meet. During this race for the first time ever I drove without my hand on the hand brake handle. I had been unknowingly applying the brake harder the fster I ran and according to photos I was given often had it fully applied by half track. (Hey wait till yer 64. I was never a good driver anyway though ) Several racers and old friends told me the lil six now was really howling going through the eyes but as most of you know in an open car with a helmut and wind tis hard to tell. I knew the car was working well because I caught a sometimes competitor hiding at the front of a friends trailer with his back to me and his head tucked down. He thought I was going to call him out for a run but I was trying to give him a picture the track had just give us of us running at the spring event. I knew he was hiding because there was nothing in his friends trailer , nada , not even dust so he couldn't have been looking for anything cause there was nothing to look for. ! Made me smile to myself. Anyway I digress.
In a few minutes I found my runs and was very pleased at the results.  Motor was "on the pipe " so to speak crossing the line. I was very happy wit the results. Hopefully I can keep it working that good  with the new tunnel ram header set up and maybe squeak just a few more ponies out as I cross the line. This Picton Airfield deal is an awful lot of fun! Been spending winter at my other hobby , Ham Radio (VE3LYX) but am restless now to get back in the shop and get ready for the next race.
Don
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:18:33 AM by Dolmetsch »
SR Dragster, because old people need to have fun too!

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: Got track videos from the Sept Picton race yesterday
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »
Good to hear from you, missed your input.

There are a number of 6 cylinder fans here now.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Dolmetsch

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: dont bother with times anyome (last 4 years) just
  • Your Engine: 225 slant six Dodge . 246 cubes on 94 octane
  • Your Track: Picton Airfield
  • Your Vehicle: The Senior Dragster
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 04:03:21 PM »
Thats great.
For me it is fun to pic a combo and then see what I can wring out of it. The 6 makes it fun and affordable. Otherwise I am afraid I would have to become a spectator.
SO where all are this six cyl folks?
Don
SR Dragster, because old people need to have fun too!

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »
Why don't you start a thread entitled something to the effect of What did you do on your Six Cylinder TODAY, and I will sticky it for you.

I suggest you do it in the Front Engine Dragster category as that is where they seem to be. http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php?board=8.0
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/