Author Topic: A/fuel setup  (Read 4931 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
A/fuel setup
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
 Spud,

Wonder what I would need for good A/fuel setup.I have Hemi short blocks that I ran in TA/D all good stuff. Heads I have 2 sets of buildable BAE fuel style(not fat head) Have set of msd mag 12's(wish 44's). Main question trans.Can it be setup to work with glide. I have clutch setups ,just sold trick titainium cam(dumb___) no lenco parts.Chassis is built to 2.2c specs so I should be good there.

Trans ,pump size and cost for you to setup a system for it.If I decide to set one up it would be for full amount allowed by rules. Just Idea Im kicking around.Hnave some 1200 pumps I can sale or trade off for smaller one that fits within the rules.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
Re: A/fuel setup
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »

Hello...

Are we talking Heritage Series A/Fuel? I believe they're limited to a 760 Enderle pump or an equivalent gear pump. Cost for such a setup depends on what you already have of course and how tricky and elaborate you want to get. The Pro-mag 12 definitely won't cut it. That's the same at the plug as a Supermag 3 or 4. Not the right output level for a big load of nitro.

Making nitro work with a 'Glide is something I've been fighting for a while and finally have things working pretty good. However, to me "pretty good" means 6.80's. You're probably shooting for 6.20's. I'm already running more fuel into my motor than A/Fuel rules allow and I'm nowhere near fast enough to compete in that class. My car is heavy, but that tells me the Powerglide route probably isn't going to get the torque to the ground in a way that is efficient or forgiving enough to make sub-6.30 laps. I'm sure it could be (or has been) done, but I doubt it would be less expensive or easier at all. I'd sure stick with a clutch if you have one!

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

Offline slingshot383

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mi. 7.95 @ 168
  • Your Engine: Chrysler, alcohol, 528 cu.in.
  • Your Track: Gateway Motorsports Park (the Swamp)
  • Your Vehicle: Undercover Chassis 23T altered
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:14:51 AM »
What low gear are you using?  Wouldn't a 1.65 or even a 1.54 low be better than the 1.76 stock low gear for a Glide?  Or how about the modified Turbo 400's that they are starting to use in Pro Mod that just uses 2nd and high gear in them?
Undercover 23T Altered, big block Mopar
Member of the Torque and Recoil Club

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »

Hey Larry,

I wasn't sure if you were asking him or me...

I run BTE's 1.69...I like it better than the 1.76 and it's a bunch stronger of course. I know absolutely nothing about the Turbo 400's.

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions