Author Topic: Central Illinois Dragway Fall Nostalgia Race.( Link to pictures by Dan Ricks)  (Read 4099 times)

Offline George

• View Profile
  • Your Vehicle: 1964 Mercury Comet Super Stock/ M automatic
  • General Location: Midwest USA
9.6.13        Friday Test & Tune  & Fall Nostalgia Event Parking

September 7 - Fall Nostalgia Event featuring, Diamond Dave Miller and Joe Hendricks Top Fuel Dragsters, Ozark Mountain Super Shifters Nostalgia Quick Series Association, Nostalgia Super/Stock Association, Nostalgia Gassers, Match Racing featuring "Dunn & Gone" vs. From Colorado The "Outcast", $750 to win Wheelie Contest and two Eliminator classes (7.49 & quicker and 7.50 & slower)           

Gates open at 11 a.m., with time runs at 2 pm.
General admission spectators $15, Senior Citizens $10.00
13 and under free with paying adult.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:05:30 AM by George »

Offline George

• View Profile
Some fine photos from our Fall race by Mr. Dan Ricks. There are 35 pages of pictures so I am sharing the link. George

http://www.danricksphotos.com/CentralIllinoisDragway2013/Central-Illinois-Dragway-9-7/31778511_tww3WV#!i=2756216881&k=Fg25cmB
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:34:14 AM by George »

Offline George

• View Profile
Re: Central Illinois Dragway Fall Nostalgia Race. Havana Illinois. September 7
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:22:04 AM »
It was a way cool race. We dropped the trailer on Thursday and when we came back Saturday we were in the middle of the fuel cars. Two trailers down was the fuel Altered of Steve Panalis out of Colorado. Steve and I have been talking back and forth since he started coming to this race a few years ago. This trip he brought a few new folks from out that way. While waiting for our next run I went over to his pit and sat down with JR . Kaiser. Very interesting and a great honor to meet him. He started racing in 1958. I did a Google search and found he built a rear engine TF car before Garlits. Yes, way cool. George