Author Topic: New to the web site and new to racing a FED  (Read 5592 times)

Offline black sheep

• View Profile
    • hot rod parts
  • Your Best Time: not yet
  • Your Track: fire bird
  • Your Vehicle: 180" FED, alcohol
New to the web site and new to racing a FED
« on: July 23, 2013, 02:33:28 PM »
It all started about a year ago when I came across an old timer wanting to sell me his old blown nitro 392 hemi! I found out it has a complete Donovan bottom end and Webster heads. From there we found Brian Fox at King Chassis and got started. Brian built me a 180 inch wheel base chassis, we found some original 16x11 Halibrand magnesium Speedway wheels, and after Brian finished the chassis and installed the engine and drivetrain, we got the complete roller back in the shop. At this point we contacted Matt Tomb to build the beautiful aluminum body in conjunction with one of Brian's chute packer body.  Brian had the chassis NHRA tagged for 7.50 class.
So this is where we are at so far, next I think we are going to tear the engine down, and have a local engine shop spec it out.  Still got all the plumbing to do, and, of course, paint.
Me and my crew are very thankful you guys have this site up because we have thousands of questions to ask, as we are new to FED racing.  Attached are some photos of how the car looks currently.
By the way, the name of the car is Black Sheep because I am the black sheep of my family.  ;)
I want to post photos, how do I do it?

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Re: New to the web site and new to racing a FED
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 02:35:26 PM »
Welcome blacksheep.

Sorry to in form you but most here are considered blacksheep by more than one.

Got to be if your not letting the motor chase you down the track.

I got here because of magizine article re lit a fire for a FED. That and I never liked following the crowd.

Another good off site contact and parts source would be Neil and Parks. Rooman can help you with most questions and from my understanding good amount of parts.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:37:46 PM by wideopen231 »
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline Foot Feed

• View Profile
  • Your Track: ARP
  • Your Vehicle: scrounging parts
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:14:51 PM »
Welcome, outside of the box of verbage you post, to the left, you'll see a thingie that says Attachments and other options. Post your pics via that.

Can't wait to see what Brian's put together for you.......

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »

I want to post photos, how do I do it?

I'm sorry, been away on a trip.

To post pictures there is two way to do that

One is if you have them on another web site you can supply a link in your post to those pictures.
You do that when you are creating a new post above the text box in the second row of icons, first one on the left is a "picture Icon" type your text and when you want to insert the link to the picture (should be on a line by itself, Click the box an d it will insert "" copy and past the entire link in between the ][ and when you post the picture will be there, you can rap text around the links.

The other way is below the text box is "  Attachments and other options " If you click that a drop down appears and you can brows your computer to upload pictures They can be no bigger than 800X600 pixels. If you do not know how to downsize pictures let me know and I will tell you how.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/