Author Topic: chance to give me your opion and I may listen  (Read 21817 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
chance to give me your opion and I may listen
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:02:29 PM »
Hey guys,

Been trying to decide on piece for new car. here a seldom seen chance to give me your opion and me really care. Seriuosly look at pics  and let know your thoughts on these features.

First the nose piece if you can see the  V in middle. Kind of like it would lokk fast even if we all know it have no effect.

The chute body Im doing,the wing although it probably cost me hundredth or 2 looks B A( there no bad word).

Rear canard look cool but just be in the way and dead weight for bracket car

Deflector in front of  motor I like also. trying to figure how to build into sheetmetal w/o welding it on.

what you think?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:08:42 PM by wideopen231 »
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
Re: chance to give me your opion and I may listen
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »
I'll give you my 2 cents , That thing is auwsome, Cool to see someone put some good old time thought into the design of there car, Beautiful!! as far as the canard side wings extra weight Who cares if it's alittle weight ,make up for it in horsepower!! you might think about makeing the wing a few inchs wider, But no matter what you do this car will look GREAT!!   Tim Jones

Offline mfp-66

• View Profile
  • Your Engine: stock 68 cadillac 472
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:29:42 AM »
Looks great.

Maybe taller tires on the rear they look small due to the height of the rear wing

Offline Huszarail

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 10.01 in the Quarter
  • Your Engine: Injected gas 355 SBC
  • Your Track: Shakespeare County Raceway. Warwickshire. U.K.
  • Your Vehicle: 1966 Race Car Specialties 167" FED
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 05:40:47 AM »
From the prolific workshop of Roy Wilding. For a little inspiration?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:28:02 AM by Huszarail »

Offline ricci32

• View Profile
  • Your Engine: sbc ,gas, 358cid
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley
  • Your Vehicle: Vintage style FED
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 06:30:49 AM »
That thing is retro new style cool. a rolling work of art. Remember when cars had personality not cookie cutter.

Offline Foot Feed

• View Profile
  • Your Track: ARP
  • Your Vehicle: scrounging parts
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 08:59:11 AM »
How about a tech article and/or photo shoot during the body build? Including any trials and tribulations.

It'd be pretty dang cool to see it all go together.

Can you tell "How It's Made" is one of my favorite shows?  :D

Ken

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »
Not sure they will allow me to describe the trials part.I can be very virbal when things go wrong.Guess I could act like government and sensor myself. Working on nose peice right now.Deciding if going to cut a perfectly smooth finsh sanded and primed piece so I can add the  V in top of it. But dang it does look pretty cool. Plus it would help me standout from all the other FED that will be a most the local bracket races.I mean there maybe another one there sometime'

As for rear canards not big deal on weight just getting in and out of car as many times as you will have to during a bracket race with 6 or 7 rounds.Plus jumping out after winning I might forget and jum on them.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
Huszarail are by and chance kin to a guy named Tom Acres who rund wizzard warehouse? Sorry green not my color and that much just reminds me of the old Wizzard(lizzard) TA/FC he ran back in 90's.

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »
Tom Akers now there's a name from the past, We used to run against him down at Bristol when I worked on the Cavalieri bros, alky car, Used to see your car alot back then ,  Been alway from racing for along time,,  Tim Jones

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
Heck we helped make Bristol little more famous with the crash in 91 with the car riding the left hand wall.Only cost us about 20 grand.Seems everyone loved the picture,well me and dad where not real fan of that shot.Was more fun them but had more money than also,funny how those go hand and hand.

Been away from real racing since 1999 when i sold my alky dragster. Helped few since and lil brother doing some bracket stuff.

Trying to live up to reputation our funny had for sharp looks and good performance.Going with same color scheme here also and want to work the star into it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:37:54 PM by wideopen231 »

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »
Yeah I remember when that happened, I know what you mean about not likeing the pic , after the alky cars I started working on the nitro cars, when you have to fix what gets destroyed the pics aren't quite as cool to see, I quit the racing game in 96 or 97 I think,,seemed like I'd get alway , then someone would give me a call and talk me into going  back out,,  The Starrider cars were always sharp looking cars, I'm sure your digger will be also,,, Tim Jones

Offline Huszarail

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 10.01 in the Quarter
  • Your Engine: Injected gas 355 SBC
  • Your Track: Shakespeare County Raceway. Warwickshire. U.K.
  • Your Vehicle: 1966 Race Car Specialties 167" FED
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 02:08:34 AM »
Huszarail are by and chance kin to a guy named Tom Acres who rund wizzard warehouse? Sorry green not my color and that much just reminds me of the old Wizzard(lizzard) TA/FC he ran back in 90's.

Sorry, no relation to Tom. Your aversion to green isn't uncommon, Roy seems to have luck with green painted cars. That or he has lot's of it!!!  ;D

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 05:54:29 AM »

Sorry, no relation to Tom. Your aversion to green isn't uncommon, Roy seems to have luck with green painted cars. That or he has lot's of it!!!  ;D

I'm a green guy
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 09:16:49 AM »
Always been Blue vehicle type. Two blue harleys,blue z/28.Starr Rider was blue,panel truck is blue and grandfather always had blue lights at christmas(3000+) so we are a blue family.Since god made the sky blue and the water I figure Im in  good company.

Had painter try to use grenn on Funnycar once.Dad told him if he did he was risky life because i would be hunting him down.

Ok Glenn amd I now in trouble for anti green thing.Hey no cussing in it.Ha Ha Ha ha

Offline masracingtd1167

• bill masiello Shelton Ct.
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.40's at 181 on motor 6.94 at 192 nitrous
  • Your Engine: 394 chevy
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 2003 Neil and Parks
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 10:50:51 AM »
Chris I like the idea of the rear wing . I am thinking about one for my car for stability. On a spray pass with mine it tend's to walk around on the top end with those small 12 inch tires . How come your rendering is red and white if you like blue so much !