Author Topic: getting straight bunrout  (Read 1440 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
getting straight bunrout
« on: November 22, 2023, 11:51:12 AM »
 Been having a problem with car going sideways in burnout. Heck been having lots of issues this just one Not LOL.  Everytime I do burnout back end kick to the right almost at the hit. The few runs I had before this year did not have that issue. First are you or have you had same issue? If so what cured it.  Any thoughts as to why the car would walk to the right every time?

I first thought maybe to easy on the throttle in burnout, then remembered I have never been known for being easy on the throttle. Did change that some but no change in burnout. Think both tires are wet since rill through water and back into it and then do burn out.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

seoo

seoo
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 08:24:25 AM »
I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You.Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon.I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.   https://www.digitekprinting.com/

Offline JEFF/21C

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: N/A
  • Your Engine: 306 SBC INJECTED ALKY
  • Your Track: NONE
  • Your Vehicle: 23 T ALTERED
  • General Location: eastern canada
Re: getting straight bunrout
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 01:21:37 PM »
does it launch straight at the lights?could be that the water box is not level could be worn crooked, are you the only one  that  has that problem, you have to remember door cars have a wider track. we were allowed to do burnouts pass the lights because we didn't have front brakes, so we ran through the water and did our burnouts a little closer to the line.

Offline Finnish Fireball

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 4.69 / 147 mph 1/8 mile
  • Your Engine: 540 cid BBC 8-71 Hampton e85
  • Your Track: Kauhava
  • Your Vehicle: Fireball Slingshot
  • General Location: Finland
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 06:51:30 AM »
Have you checked tire circumference? Try swapping slicks side to side? Equal tire pressure? Does this happen every track and on both lanes?
I'm fast. I can make five mistakes while others think.

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 03:57:20 PM »
limited attempts at the track due to an ungodly string og of bad luck with stupid c rap happening. Most all have been left lane. Not sure about others and the issue. As for circumference I was within a 1/4".  Pressure is identical. Will try swapping tires around and see if it changes anything. Probably be next year before test. I have had few goow hits on line and seems fine there. They whewre two years ago as this year is my leak year, Everything xxxx thing on car hs seemed to leak. Found out last week that I was being called for fuel on the inside of the butterfly dripping onto intake and then they called it a leak. BS but is what it is.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline AWAG

• View Profile
  • Your Track: KRPI
  • Your Vehicle: altered
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 06:48:49 AM »
Every time it goes sideways in the burnout box, it's been the circumference of the tires were different for me. I would recheck them again. If you over inflated one to stretch it to match the other, I've found that they eventually shrink back to their original size over time.

Offline JEFF/21C

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: N/A
  • Your Engine: 306 SBC INJECTED ALKY
  • Your Track: NONE
  • Your Vehicle: 23 T ALTERED
  • General Location: eastern canada
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 07:43:47 AM »
borrow scales form a circle track friend and see if you have a pre-load bias. inflating tires and putting them in the sun will make them grow,be careful people have been injured when tires have exploded or rims coming a part when over inflated

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 04:05:36 PM »
I have found that shrinking the biggest tire works better than stretching small tire. I let all of air out and then place heater in front of tire. I rotate avery few minutes till tire is ptetty warm then let sit. When I air tire back up most of time it is 1/2 to 3/4" smaller

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 04:08:25 PM »
May find some scales around a pro stock team or maybe one chassis builder I know. Believe it or not I do not know any round trackers. That from a guy living and born in NC,home of nascar.LOL