Technical > Jon's Wheel House

Mickey Thompson 10.5

<< < (2/4) > >>

wideopen231:
I would think stiffer sidewall would help tire get wheel speed up easier if anything. Maybe wrong and missing something else  in equation. Or is it that the stiffer side wall makes for larger contact area by keeping tire flatter across the tread?

dusterdave173:
We found on our car lower leave rpm got it all working--2500 or so and they were great ---try it one time after couple years we found that 7 1/2 lbs worked the best overall and we went from 5-11 lbs   best hook I ever got was at 11 leaving as hard as it would but car was uncontrollable it was just lucky that it went OK
The car settled right down when we discovered that low leave RPM was what it seemed to like--then it started running like a bracket car so why fight it searching for a little more 60 ft? Right??

buickfed:
we run the m/t 33 10.5's, but we only do 9.0 @147 with the buick 350. I tried the lows and highs for air and the best so far for us is 8.5 and launch at 3500. we tried 4k once and you could watch the chassis get all sorts of crazy. 3500 is just right for us.

masracingtd1167:
I have decided to take them off and try another tire . Frank told me that the M+H 12x33 is a real good tire so that is what I am going to try ! We ran the MT's again last weekend with the same results ! The car is a tenth slower in the eighth mile and drives to the right or left about a 100 ft out ! If I was making big power I guess they might work ! My car went from a car that would go straight down any race track to a car that can barely make it down without lifting 1 out of 3 times !And that's 3 different race tracks !

wideopen231:
So guess I need to sale off a brand new set of tires? LOL Maybe need to try them first,maybe that 4.5" crank will throw enough TQ to make them work.Beginning to sound like less chance.If luck turn good as much as been bad for last month I will have new trailer out of lottery money and can find out. LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version