Technical > Jon's Wheel House

Mickey Thompson 10.5

(1/4) > >>

masracingtd1167:
Well I tried a set of the Mickeys on my car and I am not impressed at all with them ! having trouble with wheel speed and the do not squat at the hit ! Tried leaving about 4000 and they dead hook went up to 5200 and it was a little better but not great ! Going to try to leave higher and lower the pressure from 5 to 5 1/5 lbs . Jon what's your take on this !

dreracecar:
I know that with Goodyears, the half size (.5) is a door car tire and plants different and does not grow like a "COMP"( .0) tire size that plants and grows because they were designed for a lighter car

masracingtd1167:
Bruce I agree ! The MT has a stiffer side wall !

wideopen231:
Bill what compund is the tire you are running?  I know Parks is not fan of MT's because hard to get wheel speed ,even with leaving at 9000 or so. You guys having issue with wheel speed and MT's has me  concerned about new ones I have. Hey if can't get enough wheel spd dump some nitro in tank 25% should get them spinning.LOL

masracingtd1167:
Chris it is an M5 compound and yes I am having trouble with wheel speed ! Going to try leaving higher and lower the tire pressure a little !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version