Author Topic: prolong lubricant  (Read 140 times)

Offline noslin

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
prolong lubricant
« on: October 13, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »
im just surfing good vibrations looking at things.  seen this lubricant, read the description.. have no idea where it would be used.  so little education please.  what apps would you use this stuff in? i tried posting link but it doesnt go anywhere.

Quote
   Prolong AFMT™ Multi-Purpose Lubricant Concentrate is formulated with Prolong's AFMT™ advanced technology to treat all metal surfaces through a molecular and chemical process. This creates a unique, superior resistance to extreme pressure friction and heat, major enemies of equipment life and efficient, economical performance. With expensive equipment, tight production schedules and costly down time, Prolong AFMT Multi-Purpose Lubricant Concentrate helps reduce operating overhead and improves the bottom line by keeping equipment running dependably and efficiently.

Product Overview
    -Reduces electrolysis, extreme pressure friction and excessive heat
    -Displaces moisture and protects metal surfaces
    -Helps prevent corrosion and oxidation
    -Formulated with the unique, AFMT™ advanced technology formula

How to use
Add 10% to total volume of oil for gas, methanol, nitro or diesel fueled motors, engines or gear boxes. Add 5% to total volume for hydraulic systems and automatic transmissions. For maximum results in large volume engines under heavy load, use 15% to the total volume of oil.

Race proven in most motorsports including: NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, Marine & Tractor Pulling


Offline im6under

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.00 219 1/4 ages ago in a 219 mark williams red
  • Your Engine: 468 bbc
  • Your Track: None
  • Your Vehicle: None
  • General Location: Midwest
Re: prolong lubricant
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:08:07 AM »
Its basically STP...  an oil additive.  I am unfamiliar with the brand so i couldnt say how good it is..

Ages ago, when gas was 14 cents a gallon...  oil was oil and gas was gas (period).

People started adding stuff (STUFF) being everything we take for granted today. Like multi weight high temp detergent etc etc.

Sometimes people think their oil or fuel needs more stuff, and you can buy more stuff... most isnt snake oil.  The stuff really does work. Caveat: stuff is often a little goes a long way and afterwards returns diminish or make things worse.

Example. 1 can of stuff to 7 qts oil are fine.

12 cans to a half quart of oil... boom.  Well boom or call it full synthetic and charge triple for it. 😁

I worked for a place that did custom oil and fuel blending for a while. They had giant steam heated vats for heating the oil prior to adding stuff.

They would blend and ship in tank trucks or package qts or gallons and private label. Box truck ship.

They were in business over a 100 years. Could longer compete with big box corp stuff.


Offline noslin

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
Re: prolong lubricant
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:07:01 PM »
Its basically STP...  an oil additive.  I am unfamiliar with the brand so i couldnt say how good it is..

Ages ago, when gas was 14 cents a gallon...  oil was oil and gas was gas (period).

People started adding stuff (STUFF) being everything we take for granted today. Like multi weight high temp detergent etc etc.

Sometimes people think their oil or fuel needs more stuff, and you can buy more stuff... most isnt snake oil.  The stuff really does work. Caveat: stuff is often a little goes a long way and afterwards returns diminish or make things worse.

Example. 1 can of stuff to 7 qts oil are fine.

12 cans to a half quart of oil... boom.  Well boom or call it full synthetic and charge triple for it. 😁

I worked for a place that did custom oil and fuel blending for a while. They had giant steam heated vats for heating the oil prior to adding stuff.

They would blend and ship in tank trucks or package qts or gallons and private label. Box truck ship.

They were in business over a 100 years. Could longer compete with big box corp stuff.

thank you for your reply, STP i understand.. that makes sense to me when you said that. I just did not think of it in that fashion. 

Dean