Drag Racing Discussions > Electronics

fuel pressure sensor(s)

<< < (2/3) > >>

JrFuel Hayden:
I don't run a blower, but if it helps, my fuel pressure sensor is on my pump right after the fuel shut-off, between the shut off and the barrel valve.
If you are not sure, call your computer company, RacePak, RPM, or ?
Jon

glofria:
Dean,

Yes you will see pulsing, but that can be even out by inputting the correct frequency that the sensor is designed for. I don't know about other systems, but we use an early version of the Edelbrock QuikData (Serial #0014) which allows you to adjust the frequency.

While I am comfortable using this system, I would recommend an RPM Performance Data Logger because it is cost effective and the after sales service is outstanding.

ricardo1967:

--- Quote from: glofria on September 27, 2017, 08:31:00 AM ---Dean,

Yes you will see pulsing, but that can be even out by inputting the correct frequency that the sensor is designed for. I don't know about other systems, but we use an early version of the Edelbrock QuikData (Serial #0014) which allows you to adjust the frequency.

While I am comfortable using this system, I would recommend an RPM Performance Data Logger because it is cost effective and the after sales service is outstanding.

--- End quote ---
Gino,
What would cause the fuel pressure pulses? Pump impeller?

gregm784:
I can't imagine that because there is so much line after the pump to absorb the pulses. 

glofria:
It could also be that the reading are recorded every 1/1000 per second. I really don't remember and we really could be splitting hairs here. I will have to look a the laptop later tonight and get a screen shot of a run.

Another way to verify fuel pressure is to have mechanical 0-200 psi gauge with a one way check valve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version