Author Topic: Head and Neck devices  (Read 4530 times)

Offline buickfed

• View Profile
Head and Neck devices
« on: May 15, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »
safety items are getting close to being done. ordered a new bell helmet. looks like the bottom of the helmet is shorter than the old helmet. had to buy a helmet skirt. also bought a z-tech head/neck device because it is adjustable.  having to adjust everything to make it fits in the dragster is another story. the dragster is 1968 and the cage has been brought up to specs but never modified for fatter or taller carbon units. this has presented a problem because nothing will work together because of the cage size. have to use the neck collar instead of the head/neck device. any advice.

btw, reason haven't posted anything in a while is I has a real hard concussion a year ago. the checklist of bad issues from the concussion, aced the test 100%. result is a very different person says my wife. I agree. still on meds from it.

dreracecar

Re: Head and Neck devices
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:54:42 AM »
Pictures of the issues would help a lot

Offline buickfed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 03:21:14 PM »
pictures....that's one of those things that's beyond my technology and I work in a hi tech machine world as the parts guy. have to get my son to do pics.
www.dmgmoriseiki.co.jp/en

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 08:56:41 PM »
pictures....that's one of those things that's beyond my technology and I work in a hi tech machine world as the parts guy. have to get my son to do pics.
www.dmgmoriseiki.co.jp/en

Send them to me in an e-mail and I will post for you autoshop@rochester.rr.com
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline buickfed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 01:00:55 PM »
glenn,
I figure it out. the 2 plugged holes are for the hans clips.

sidenote; its been a year since the concussion. most of the issues went away and it was a laundry list. but still have a couple. It hasn't been easy. I'm a lot different person nowadays. some good, some bad. :(