Author Topic: Mark Williams front engine dragster print  (Read 9047 times)

Offline beargeorge

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.48 in 1/4
  • Your Track: New England Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 23T Altered
Mark Williams front engine dragster print
« on: November 17, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »
I am in need of a MW fe dragster working print copy ok,mine got water damaged , let me know what you have and price

Offline Mr Froggy

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 12.23 1/4 mile
  • Your Track: Thunder Valley
  • Your Vehicle: 68 Dodge Coronet 500
Re: Mark Williams front engine dragster print
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
Just curious, can't you get another copy from Mark Williams?

Offline beargeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »
Yes you can, $50.00 plus 15.00 s&h

Offline ricardo1967

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: No full pass yet.
  • Your Engine: Alky SBC 400
  • Your Track: Brown County Dragway (Bean Blossom, IN)
  • Your Vehicle: 173" FED
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »
The print says:

"This document contains proprietary information. It may not be reproduced, transferred to other documents, disclosed to others, used for manufacturing or any other purpose without prior written permission."

I'm sorry but, aside legality matters, I don't think it's fair to Mark.

Offline Van

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.11 @ 189 with this car
  • Your Engine: Lincoln blown alky 534
  • Your Track: Bakersfield Ca.
  • Your Vehicle: Dragster
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »
I had a conversation with a MW rep on the phone asking If I could return a NEW set of Modular ( rear mounting plates and exchange them for the thicker ones and gladly pay any restocking fee and added cost. I was told no, I asked why & was told that metal deteriorates and they could be junk !! I asked if this was true with all MW products or just rear end mounting plates & the jerk hung up.
 I now spend most of my money with The Chassis shop, S&W, and Strange.
 I do know that I'm being fair with Mark.

Offline ricardo1967

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 08:39:27 PM »
I had a conversation with a MW rep on the phone asking If I could return a NEW set of Modular ( rear mounting plates and exchange them for the thicker ones and gladly pay any restocking fee and added cost. I was told no, I asked why & was told that metal deteriorates and they could be junk !! I asked if this was true with all MW products or just rear end mounting plates & the jerk hung up.
 I now spend most of my money with The Chassis shop, S&W, and Strange.
 I do know that I'm being fair with Mark.

Van, that is indeed a disappointing outcome. I had a different experience when I met Mark in Indy in 2002. We were talking about early FED chassis designs, pros/cons of front suspension, then he got a piece of paper and started sketching what he was explaining to me.

Offline rooman

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.200/222.05 (1/4 mile--NT/F)
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 04:38:46 AM »
A friend of mine was on the MW deal (after a $10K buy in) and after a couple of years he was short of his minimum spend for the year by less than $400 and they cut him off and said that he needed to start again. In the case of most of the companies that I deal with if that situation had come up someone would have called me and told me to spend a few bucks to keep the deal going. As it is everyone that I deal with is just happy to have me move their parts at any rate with no minimums after the initial buy in.
   The MW parts are absolutely top quality but a lot of their stuff is priced a little high relative to the opposition, especially their modular rear end components. And if the metal "deteriorates and could be junk" maybe they are not as good as they think.   :)   Hopefully he was just talking about the appearance of the parts and not the structure.

Roo
Yeah, I am from the south--any further south and I would have been a bloody penguin.

dreracecar

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 08:05:41 AM »
The print says:

"This document contains proprietary information. It may not be reproduced, transferred to other documents, disclosed to others, used for manufacturing or any other purpose without prior written permission."

First, I dont have a FE print because every car I do is different.  But I have made copys of his prints for shop use, and kept the original in the packing tube. I even had a set laminated so as to use a dry marker for notes and changes.

Offline ricardo1967

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 10:11:35 AM »
The print says:

"...  But I have made copys of his prints for shop use, and kept the original in the packing tube. I even had a set laminated so as to use a dry marker for notes and changes. "

... which is different than making copies and selling them.

Offline beargeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 10:16:37 AM »
FORGET ABOUT IT ILL SEND MW 5O.OO FOR THE PRINT SO YOU GUYS WILL SLEEP BETTER TONIGHT

dreracecar

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
The print says:

"...  But I have made copys of his prints for shop use, and kept the original in the packing tube. I even had a set laminated so as to use a dry marker for notes and changes. "

... which is different than making copies and selling them.

The inherent problem is that most if not all blueprint copy shops will not reproduce it if that statement is present

Offline KeninIowa

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Earlville
  • Your Vehicle: 68 Chevelle
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 10:52:57 AM »
I took mine to a Fed Ex/Kinkos.  Told them I wanted to preserve the original.  Made 2 or 3 copies, one laminated so I could write on it with a dry erase marker.

Called before I went.  Whomever I talked to on the phone said no problem.  When I got there later that evening no one questioned what I was wanting to do.

Last time I was in there there was a woman copying stacks of prints for a  construction project.  They have to understand people need working copies.

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 05:26:13 AM »
Never  had problem getting copy of any document with that statement or simular on it.Most any home construction print has that crap on it.Hard to have brick mason,framer,plumber,electrician and contractor work off one copy.
if I had a set I would drop a copy in mail,my car is all my design and the drawings where good guide for where to start. I think 3 or 4 measurements are the same as the drawings.Well maybe not that many.LOL
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline dusterdave173

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 5.38in 1/8th
  • Your Engine: 355 CI SBC
  • Your Track: Mooresville, NC
  • Your Vehicle: CenPen 200 inch FED
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »
I bought a MW coupler set as they seemed to be the only folks that offered a PG unit that was hardened to withstand roller tailshaft--well..it is fine but matching unit for std 9 inch Ford rear needed a "spacer" to work --WTH? OK so I ordered it--did not work so we wound up using a hardened flat washer to make it all work--space out coupler--I mean??That is crazy--on a 9 in Ford--guess it was really made for their set up and would "adapt" to plain old cheapo folks std 9 inch
Not a fan anymore--if I had a print I would let her rip to ya...
I have always had a fascination with fast cars at the expense of more normal character development

dreracecar

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 03:03:18 PM »
Where did the spacer go??? I know I had to make an alu slug to go between the tailshaft and coupler to hold it out so it would connect to the rear--- wasnt that big a deal