Drag Racing Discussions > Door Cars

my door car......i guess.....also a new guy

<< < (2/3) > >>

ricardo1967:

--- Quote from: captmullette on October 30, 2014, 06:59:33 AM ---I had a friend build the chassis, 2x3  1/4"  tubing. the motor is a 355 sbc , iron double hump heads w/small valves 1.94. the motor came out of my 64 chevelle dirt track car that me and my buddy jody built in the 80's. ran it three years.when I decided to build a hotrod and got the body 31 sedan ,my buddy jody said he still had our old motor in storage and did I want it , well it's in the car as it came out of the other car 25 years ago except for the intake and carb, no rebuild ,yet, its got a custom grind john reed cam for a 3/8 th mile short dirt track, 2 bolt main w/1 rebuilt rod, turbo 350 4 link , 10 bolt 8.5 gm posi with a 4.56 gear, shortened with moser axles......I just pit the 4.56 in it and its laying over at 6400 rpm's , im going to have the heads checked, im either running out of cam or the 30 year old valve springs are a little tired. ill refresh it this winter and ive got a set of AFR 210 aluminum heads to put on it.....

--- End quote ---

'64 Chevelle dirt track car, '31 hotrod,... Great taste! You'll love the AFR's.

slofomoco:
Hello. Very nice ride!

captmullette:
thanks, yea I got them a year ago at Reynolds for $300.00, if my buddy jody hadn't been there nobody would believe it, also got an oil pan cam, 3 spring comp cam lifters , another set of lifters ,isky. roller rockers and 2 helmets

captmullette:

View Profile
 Email
 Personal Message (Online)

Your Best Time: 1/4 11.90 1/8 7.39
Your Track: silver dollar raceway....reynolds ga.
Your Vehicle: 31 ford tudor sedan

max rpm's 6300 ???

« on: Today at 01:53:47 PM »

Modify

Remove

I put my old dirt track motor in my 31 ford bracket car, 355 sbc iron double humps small valve , flat top pistons, REED 3/8 mile dirt track cam, my partner cant find my cam card....this motor was built around 85/86 and sat in the back of a truck for 20 something years, rockers were loosened double springs all old and original.......my question is could I be running out of cam or weak springs or both....I just ordered a dial indicator to see what lift I have...thanks, hope I haven't sounded like a complete dumb ass.....as in the header it lays down at 6300 rpms

Mr Froggy:
Cool Sedan!! 8)  Are those tri-5 fenderwell headers?   Do they dump into exhaust underneath or do you have muffler inserts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version