Drag Racing Discussions > Door Cars

my door car......i guess.....also a new guy

(1/3) > >>

captmullette:
Im new here and really love the feds and all nostalgia cars......

ricardo1967:
Welcome here.

Love the car. Is the picture from 2014 HRR in Bowling Green? I could be wrong but I believe I stopped to check it out.

captmullette:
yes it is and yes I was, were you there with your car? bowling green is a will do every year and now they are having a nostalgia good guys race in sept.

ricardo1967:

--- Quote from: captmullette on October 30, 2014, 06:20:55 AM ---yes it is and yes I was, were you there with your car? bowling green is a will do every year and now they are having a nostalgia good guys race in sept.

--- End quote ---

Yes I was, but no race car. I plan going next year, with or w/o car.

Tell us more about your car.

captmullette:
I had a friend build the chassis, 2x3  1/4"  tubing. the motor is a 355 sbc , iron double hump heads w/small valves 1.94. the motor came out of my 64 chevelle dirt track car that me and my buddy jody built in the 80's. ran it three years.when I decided to build a hotrod and got the body 31 sedan ,my buddy jody said he still had our old motor in storage and did I want it , well it's in the car as it came out of the other car 25 years ago except for the intake and carb, no rebuild ,yet, its got a custom grind john reed cam for a 3/8 th mile short dirt track, 2 bolt main w/1 rebuilt rod, turbo 350 4 link , 10 bolt 8.5 gm posi with a 4.56 gear, shortened with moser axles......I just pit the 4.56 in it and its laying over at 6400 rpm's , im going to have the heads checked, im either running out of cam or the 30 year old valve springs are a little tired. ill refresh it this winter and ive got a set of AFR 210 aluminum heads to put on it.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version