Author Topic: Enderle fuel pump  (Read 4075 times)

Offline AWAG

• View Profile
  • Your Track: KRPI
  • Your Vehicle: altered
Enderle fuel pump
« on: September 26, 2014, 12:34:46 AM »
I recently bought used bug catcher on a ram intake. It was a just flowed by spud new pump and never ran. The pump is a enderle with a slip collar. After starting and running the car in the garage the pump slid back/ahead. I'm running a roller cam with a chain. I have the bearing and shims in there but it's like the cam walked out and pushed the pump out. Did I not have the pinch bolt tight enough? It's aluminum I don't want to strip it. Is this a common problem? I was thinking of positioning the pump and drilling a hole through the collar threading it and putting in a set screw also. Dose this sound like a good or bad idea?
Thanks for your help.

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
Re: Enderle fuel pump
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »

The clamp screw just wasn't tight enough. Set screws mung-up the diameter on the pump and shouldn't be needed. I've seen great big pumps (110 and bigger) using a single clamp screw flange slip. That's why they now use a double clamp screw flange for those and it's no longer a problem.

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

Offline AWAG

• View Profile
  • Your Track: KRPI
  • Your Vehicle: altered
Re: Enderle fuel pump
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:15:25 PM »
Thanks for the response Spud. I loosened all the valves up and pushed the cam back and double checked the thrust bearing shims. Put the pump back in with some low strength locktight on the bolt. Fingers crossed because I'm taking it out this weekend.