Author Topic: 4th annual NHRA Four-Wide Nationals  (Read 2866 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
4th annual NHRA Four-Wide Nationals
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:04:01 PM »
4th annual NHRA Four-Wide Nationals
April 19-21

zMAX Dragway   
6570 Bruton Smith Blvd.
Concord, NC 28027
www.zmaxdragway.com
Elevation: 630 feet
Tickets: www.zmaxdragway.com; 800-455-FANS (3267)
Radio Frequency: 91.1 FM

The NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series makes its first of two stops at ­fabulous zMAX Dragway — the self-proclaimed “Bellagio of dragstrips” — with the spectacle of four-wide racing in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Motorcycle. The site, which also has hosted an NHRA national event in mid-September since 2008, is famous for its fan amenities and side-by-side dragstrips.

2012 Recap: Don Schumacher Racing drivers Spencer Massey, Tony ­Schumacher, and Antron Brown netted a 1-2-3 finish. Schumacher made the first 330-mph run, and Massey got the record at 332 mph. Robert Hight became the fifth driver in Funny Car history to score four consecutive wins, and reigning Funny Car champion Matt Hagan ­surprisingly failed to qualify and had a spectacular body explosion that caught the attention of national news outlets. In Pro Stock, Greg ­Anderson landed in the winner’s circle for the second straight season.

How to Get There: From Charlotte (south) or Greensboro, N.C. (north), take I-85 to Exit 49 (Bruton Smith Boulevard/Concord Mills), then head east; parking is available on both sides of Bruton Smith Boulevard. From Charlotte, take I-85 north to Exit 46A (Mallard Creek Church Road), turn right off exit, then left onto Highway 29 North/North Tryon; parking is available on the left past Bruton Smith Boulevard. From South Carolina, take I-77 north to Exit 1 (I-485 East), then follow I-485 to Exit 32 (Highway 29/North Tryon). Take Highway 29 north to the speedway; parking is available on the left past Bruton Smith Boulevard. From Statesville, N.C., take I-77 south to Exit 25. Turn left on Highway 73 (Sam Furr Road), then right on Poplar Tent to Pitts School Road. Turn right onto Highway 29 South; parking available on the right.

Visitor Information: www.zmaxdragway.com

Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/