Author Topic: Best place to sell a front engine rail  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Cuda

• View Profile
    • True Nostalgia Dragster
  • Your Best Time: 6.90
  • Your Track: Barona
  • Your Vehicle: Sling Shot
Best place to sell a front engine rail
« on: August 14, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »
I am new to this group.  We have an absolutely beautiful front engine rail for sale.  I am in southern California and don't know where is the best place to get lots of eyeballs to place a classified ad to sell the dragster.  I also would welcome any inputs you may have on this dragster.  When we bought this true nostalgia dragster, it had Avon tires in the front which we saved.  It is all hand crafted custom body panels and we saved the original aluminum body and had a mold made to make an identical carbon fiber body for racing.  I was told the rail was made by Chrisman but I have no way of verifying this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  You can see all the pictures at:
http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/sickcuda/library/?sort=3&page=1 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:25:40 PM by GlennLever »

Offline probird

• View Profile
  • Your Track: alberta
Re: Best place to sell a front engine rail
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »
first off welcome!
here and probably racing junk would be the best for advertising.
Couple of questions:
how much?
Is it certified?
how big of a driver would it fit?
What year is it built?
I'm sure there will be some other fellas with more to add.
Good luck with the sale.
(probably out of my price range :(

Offline Cuda

• View Profile
    • True Nostalgia Dragster
  • Your Best Time: 6.90
  • Your Track: Barona
  • Your Vehicle: Sling Shot
Re: Best place to sell a front engine rail
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »
Thank you very much.  I am trying to figure out how much to ask for it.  It is bundled with a complete higher compression heads (14:1), camshaft, etc.  My problem is I don't really know the history, I was told by the guy that we bought it from that it was built by Chrisman and it had an alky motor in it (you can see the returns on the gas tank), so the chassis is strong.  It is an entirely a custom, real nostalgia. 

Thanks for the questions that I should include in the ad, now I need to figure out how much is a fair price to ask for both parties.