Author Topic: Nozzle Location  (Read 4072 times)

Offline BK

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.45 / 5.30
  • Your Track: Empire Dagway
  • Your Vehicle: Late 70's FED
Nozzle Location
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
I have an Enderle Bug Catcher on a tunnel ram for my small block. Right now the nozzles are in the runner just above the cylinder head. I was thinking about moving them up to the openings in the bottom of the hat and lowering the barrel valve to lower than the nozzles. That way I should be able to shut the engine off with the switch and not worry about all the fuel bleeding into the engine. The intake runners are probably a little big for the engine so fuel taking up runner space shouldn't be an issue. I just wasn't that sure about having the nozzles that far from the valve.

dreracecar

Re: Nozzle Location
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:09:39 PM »
Overthinking for problems that are not there.
Always shut the motor down with the fuel shutoff

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »

If you run methanol, the closer to the valve the better with the nozzles.

If you run gas, higher up is better. I'd still keep the nozzle in the runner though and not up in the hat where some cylinders can steal from others.

If you have nozzle dribble issues that bother you or cause problems, you can use ball-check nozzle bodies and when there is no pressure, they are closed right at the nozzle.

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

Offline ricardo1967

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: No full pass yet.
  • Your Engine: Alky SBC 400
  • Your Track: Brown County Dragway (Bean Blossom, IN)
  • Your Vehicle: 173" FED
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »

If you run methanol, the closer to the valve the better with the nozzles.

If you run gas, higher up is better. I'd still keep the nozzle in the runner though and not up in the hat where some cylinders can steal from others.

If you have nozzle dribble issues that bother you or cause problems, you can use ball-check nozzle bodies and when there is no pressure, they are closed right at the nozzle.

Spud

This makes sense to me, and as the example on this video, it makes sense to the Formula 1 gang too.

One exception though... the gasoline direct-injection, already popular with the OEM's, is reaching the aftermarket soon.