Author Topic: IF YOU LOVE NITRO READ THIS!!!!!  (Read 9266 times)

Offline hotrod316

• View Profile
IF YOU LOVE NITRO READ THIS!!!!!
« on: June 24, 2014, 12:40:54 AM »

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: IF YOU LOVE NITRO READ THIS!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »
READ AND HOPE MY FRIENDS!!!!

http://www.cacklefest.com/guidelines.shtml[NITRO/url]

2013 Cacklefest® Guidelines & Rules   ?
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 06:39:07 AM »
guess next they will have going to toilet purcedure list also.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline hotrod316

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 12:31:19 PM »
fools, look closer, they are going to let cacklers do 1/8 mile runs, this opens pandoras box as to why cant we build modern 3 pt cars and get past tech and go play with some pop at any of the million hometown nhra tracks. nhra has opened the flood gate, we need the power of the bullet to tell them that if they let us build them right; people will come and watch us burn money!!!!!!!

lets quit complaining and get to hustling and get the real cars back to racing on the tracks week in and week out, not once a year and let them sit the rest.... NHRA LISTEN UP!!!! FED guys get loud, i know your ears go to 11 like spinal tap...

lefty out

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
fools, look closer, they are going to let cacklers do 1/8 mile runs, this opens pandoras box as to why cant we build modern 3 pt cars and get past tech and go play with some pop at any of the million hometown nhra tracks. nhra has opened the flood gate, we need the power of the bullet to tell them that if they let us build them right; people will come and watch us burn money!!!!!!!

lets quit complaining and get to hustling and get the real cars back to racing on the tracks week in and week out, not once a year and let them sit the rest.... NHRA LISTEN UP!!!! FED guys get loud, i know your ears go to 11 like spinal tap...

lefty out

Just read through it again and find no reference to 1/8 mile runs????????
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline rooman

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.200/222.05 (1/4 mile--NT/F)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 01:39:42 PM »
Matt,
       let's put you in the overenthusiastic, high on nitro, "fool" category. 

The option for "cackle" cars to make partial runs has been around for some time but is rarely exercised because as to my knowledge it requires some non period stuff in the bellhousing area--steel can, blowback tubes etc. It is also only intended to happen with cars with history and experienced drivers under extremely controlled circumstances, i.e. exhibition only, no racing.
  You are way too hyped up on this three point cage deal and need to take a chill pill. As I posted on the HAMB, the three point cage is not going to bring any more fans to the track--you have been doing some bad drugs if you really believe that. What will bring fans is competition like we saw at Bowling Green at the NHRR and cars with personality--full bodies, cool graphics etc. The average fan would need to be hit over the head with a three point cage to see the difference.

Roo
Yeah, I am from the south--any further south and I would have been a bloody penguin.

Offline masracingtd1167

• bill masiello Shelton Ct.
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.40's at 181 on motor 6.94 at 192 nitrous
  • Your Engine: 394 chevy
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 2003 Neil and Parks
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »
I just can't see why any one would feel that they have to run a 3 point cage to make the car look better ! Guy's like Roo and Frank Parks build some beautiful cars and they are perfectly legal . I love the old cars but I don't think that they should be raced . We may not alway's like what NHRA tells us to do but most of the time it is really just to save us from us. Roo I agree that the car count at Bowling Green was fantastic . I wish I had known that you were there I would have come over and said hello. Bill

Offline hotrod316

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 09:25:10 AM »
glenn hope this works

Procedures

1. Static starts/driveline engaged - If necessary to make static start, with driveline engaged and tires on the ground, the car must be relocated to a designated remote area free of spectators.

2. Speed Limit/Push Starts - Maximum speed of 35 miles per hour. 20 is generally fast enough. The slower you can adequately push start the car the better.

3. Qualifications - All drivers - of both race car and push vehicle, must have demonstrated experience in order to participate in push start Cacklefest activity. A detailed guide will be available for push start procedures.

4. Licenses - Under consideration - licensing program for Cacklefest drivers.

A. Push starts only
B. Burnouts and 300 ft. launch
C. Eighth mile runs

5. Participant "Letter of Agreement" - Owners and drivers will be sign an agreement to abide by any and all established guidelines prior to entry acceptance at Cacklefest events. Consequence of not adhering to accepted guidelines will be withdrawal of entry/participation privileges.

really hotrod 316
steve morgan

dreracecar

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 11:24:37 AM »
Your license is either

A -push starts only
B -burn out and 300'
C -1/8 mile pass

Most cars qualify for A
Documented New cars and those that have passed sonic & qualifyed driver  B
B cars with current SFI safety equipment  C