Author Topic: WTB;;;SLICKS  (Read 3039 times)

Offline hotrodharley

• View Profile
  • Your Engine: 540 BBC/12-71 BLOWER/26%OD/PG TRANS/4;10 GEARS
  • Your Track: GOODTIMES DRAG STRIP
  • Your Vehicle: FUEL ALTERED
WTB;;;SLICKS
« on: June 21, 2014, 07:54:49 PM »
Have a fuel altered with a 540 bbc/12-71 blower/26.8%OD/4-10 gears/PG trans w;1;80plantieries/running alcohol;;
  My slicks i have on car has some cracks if them on sidewalls and concern on them being safe or not so before i go July 18th for T&T thinking maybe should buy new slicks or another good set that's not crack and hard;;have 34.5x17x16 Hoosers on car now;;haven't had a good pass to see if they hold or not..first outing had trans linkage issues;;
  what brand//compond should i look for in NEW OR USED??
"DARK SIDE" AA/fuel altered
"BADTOYZZ RACING
SPRING CREEK NV

dreracecar

Re: WTB;;;SLICKS
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 10:12:45 AM »
Not saying that you do not have an issue and on should always side on the side of safety. Cracks will always appear where the compound rubber transisions to the sidewall rubber. Age and Runs also affects this, If the tires are 2-3 years old, then consider stepping up to NEW, used slicks are no better than what you have unless you know the history on them.  All the years I have run and running different compounds, never saw any difference between them and unless one has the ability to test back to back runs between them on the same track surface, I dont know how anybody could either.