Author Topic: Weber carbs for a buick v6, hold on  (Read 2646 times)

Offline buickfed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 190
    • View Profile
Re: Weber carbs for a buick v6, hold on
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 05:57:56 PM »
not looking to go fast with this one. this is what i wanted to do to the fed when i bought it. but i wasn't going to cut up the chassis for it. so now i have a car i can do it to. i have the fed for going fast. ;D

Offline buickfed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 190
    • View Profile
Re: Weber carbs for a buick v6, hold on
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 02:52:08 PM »
rear is in. pre installation guestimated d/shaft at 24''. wrong! had to order a 22''. better now. waiting for trans man for trans/converter. had to order more stock for my miscalculations and more nuts and bolts because some dummy forgets things. mcmaster-carr has been my friend for tooling. just couldn't get a 15/32 drill to go around corners.
all the little things keep adding up $$$.
we will get this thing done sooner or later. lol

Offline buickfed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 190
    • View Profile
Re: Weber carbs for a buick v6, hold on
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 05:16:20 PM »
finished both sides of the engine coupler. bad memory caused wrong bolt size order. now i got spare metric bolts with no home.  :-[
got main engine in and then set in a dummy one for coupler trial. need to cut coupler lengths down. too far out. plus i only planned to cut one crossbar due to oil pan. now it looks like have to redo the x bars for oil pan.
xxxx unseen items keep popping up.  ::)

Offline buickfed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 190
    • View Profile
Re: Weber carbs for a buick v6, hold on
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2021, 06:23:35 PM »
i had checked both couplers for concentricity b4 assy and were good. assembled not good. runout together was about .030-.040 tir. separated the engines and by themselves they ran about .005 tir. confusing the least. think i'll start it with one engine until i figure the issues out
got the m/cyl and hand brake handle done. original master was an airheart.

finally decided to fix intake gasket on the dragster. moving one side to the other, forgot how high it was on the dollies. foot caught the rail and i went down on the other rail. left a nice line just below the knee cap.