Author Topic: Shifter for glide  (Read 14861 times)

Offline BK

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.45 / 5.30
  • Your Track: Empire Dagway
  • Your Vehicle: Late 70's FED
Re: Shifter for glide
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 05:25:43 AM »
B&M ratchet shifter, smack the lever mounted on the rear end housing as hard as you want and will only go  one detent and handle returns back to same spot.
That pedal would be a lot easier than the night I was using my heel after wire broke off the soliniod.

Offline fuel749

• View Profile
    • Dragster Supply
  • Your Track: New England Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: FED/Altered
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 05:33:41 AM »
There is a transbrake interface available.   Back up from the burn out, flip switch, depress TB button, release button -launch, soliniod will not activate for 1 min.

That will only work with a conventional trans brake. If you're using a foot pedal, the brake can be reactivated anytime you put your foot back on the pedal in low gear.

dreracecar

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 08:43:43 AM »
There is a transbrake interface available.   Back up from the burn out, flip switch, depress TB button, release button -launch, soliniod will not activate for 1 min.

That will only work with a conventional trans brake. If you're using a foot pedal, the brake can be reactivated anytime you put your foot back on the pedal in low gear.

Not in low gear that long anyway, driver slides foot over to a foot peg next to the peddle to brace for the launch.   Cant seem to find the interface switch (it was a couple years ago,) My idea was to use that with a phnumatic throttle launch controller and use the trans break button to activate the cyl down track without moving the throttle peddle and did not want to cycle the trans solinoid in the process.