Author Topic: Little Update On My 6 Cylinder SDRA dragster  (Read 5461 times)

Offline old28

• 67 years old, Racing For 47+ Years
    • View Profile
  • Your Track: Famoso Raceway (Home Of The March Meet)
  • Your Vehicle: 50's Style 6 Cylinder FM Dragster
Little Update On My 6 Cylinder SDRA dragster
« on: May 10, 2014, 06:50:37 PM »

Thought I might post an update on the car as I have not been on the thread much this year. I have not been able to run the car since last Oct. Medical problems have kept me out of the seat for a while. All is looking good and mending well and hope to run the car at our June ANRA Nostalgia race in Bakersfield, CA.

Made some improvements to front end setup by adding some friction shocks and having the front tires skin cut to get a better roll out. The tire/wheel roll out was .155 & .125" out of round when we started and now the roll out on the tire/wheel are .015 & .018".  Should roll a lot smoother with very little wheel hop.

Pulled my 194 Small Chamber head and cleaned up the ports, installed 1.84 Int & 1.60 Ex valves and milled .060 off the head.

Built a pair of 3 into 1 collectors to replace the zooms, They are a little shorter than I would like but should work fine.   
Build It -- Race It -- Have Fun

Bad Day Of Racing Is Better Than A Day In The Stands

Offline Dolmetsch

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: dont bother with times anyome (last 4 years) just
  • Your Engine: 225 slant six Dodge . 246 cubes on 94 octane
  • Your Track: Picton Airfield
  • Your Vehicle: The Senior Dragster
Re: Little Update On My 6 Cylinder SDRA dragster
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 07:00:17 PM »
Glad to see you are back at it. Medical stuff is no fun. Glad you are on the mend. Headers look nice especially the nice long collector extensions.
don
SR Dragster, because old people need to have fun too!