Drag Racing Discussions > Six Cylinder Drag Vehicles

Where are you guys? 6 cly folks

<< < (2/3) > >>

old28:
MaggiFinn --

Got a built thread of my dragster over on the HAMB Site as listed below, Car is much the same idea as
Dolmetsch ride only mine is no match for his hot rod. I have about $6000 US dollars in mine. Most guys running these SDRA cars are happy running in the 11.35 - 12.00 ET range.

Any questions let use know, Don will have some good information.

CLICK ON THREAD BELOW TO SEE BUILD

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/sdra-dragster-for-the-coast-build-thread.603598/

Dolmetsch:
I wrote the rules for Senior dragsters many years ago and had them on my senior dragster website. Whether the Tulsa gang got it from there or it is just a fluke we used the same name and basic rules I don't really know. Doesn't matter either.  Best way though to get started is build the car first. Start off with a stock good running engine and work from there as experience and time permits. The 11 to 12 second range is comfortable for these cars and safe. It is a reasonable goal. But even starting off slower will still be a lot of fun. I like to keep engine sizes in the mid 200s and steer clear of the 292 GM and 300 Ford because the Mopars AMC cannot go there. Mopar has a 170, 198 and 225 in the overhead valve version. Amc has a 199 232 and 258. Ford has a 200 a 240 and a 250 . Chev has the 194 , 235, 250 and 261. And there are various others in that range. That gives everyone a chance to play on a more or less  equal footing. I would keep wheel bases below 100 inches  and I would allow slicks and auto trans. I would avoid rules that would allow the class to become a place where the biggest wallet rules. These rules keep that in check in a quiet sort of behind the scenes way.  Not that I hate big long hi dollar six cylinder cars . Just that it is more fun when everyone can play in this style or class of racing. It also makes you more creative.

We Bad:

--- Quote from: Dolmetsch on April 29, 2014, 09:19:28 AM ---There are a lot more then 3 of us. Where is everybody?
don

--- End quote ---

ricardo1967:

--- Quote from: We Bad on August 06, 2014, 05:01:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dolmetsch on April 29, 2014, 09:19:28 AM ---There are a lot more then 3 of us. Where is everybody?
don

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

We Bad, that's a beautifull car. What engine is that??

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: We Bad on August 06, 2014, 05:01:37 PM ---
don

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Very nice! Clean, how do you keep the tire grit off the white paint?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version