Author Topic: Another new guy  (Read 3258 times)

Offline 1000hpJohn

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.70/154mph
  • Your Track: Norwalk, Milan Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 8 sec. ElCamino
Another new guy
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:10:07 PM »
Hi all,
 Well, this is a cool site! :D. Thought I would join and learn like a sponge if possible.

Ok, I race an 8sec ElCamino currently and was reading on another site about FED's and it got me thinking again...(dangerous I know lol) on how cool it would be to join forces with someone and make a run at winning some races!!!!!!  I was kind of teamed up before on a Brogie chassis and my old BBC and that thought has crossed my mind again.

I am in Southeast Mich. Near 14 mile & I-75 area and (IF) I can meet the right people, I would like to race with an altered(23-T) preferred F/C chassis.
All I can bring to the table is some power, so YOU would have to supply the chassis(hopefully one that only needs an engine) lol.  I would also like to share the driving duties and have tons of fun doing so.

I believe with the right chassis setup, low 8's-high 7's is very possible.  A converter would have to be figured out for best application and room for a nitrous bottle.
I currently use I-S (Steve Johnson) plate power and make a little over a 1000hp and LOTS of torque!!!! Lol
I have a 505 bbc that CAN spin to 8000 rpms but I like the 7400 rpm range.

So, there it is, I'm an honest guy and looking for the same people with the same passion, heck, I would even consider a FED!!!!!!!!  8)

Looking forward to meeting some of you, and have a great season and good luck.

John