Technical > Roo Man's Room

FED Steering question?

(1/2) > >>

Blind Mule:
OK guys not trying to start a peeing match with this question :-[ I am undecided between a rack or steering box for my build I have been told that one is better than the other now I ask because I DON"T KNOW :-\ Some say a rack is the wrong ratio for a FED some say a box is too slow and harder to correct if it gets outa shape my junk won't have enough power to get wild (I Hope)

My car will also have a solid front axle if that makes a steering difference?

Flame on I got on heat treated undies ;D

masracingtd1167:
Seem's to me that it would be an awful lot of work to make a rack work on a FED . As far as the ratio goes you can change it by going to longer or shorter steering arms .

wideopen231:
Pretty sure Parks sells rack for feds.Give him a call he will tell you which is best and he will be straight.Hes cool guy and tell it like he sees it.

H.G. Wells:
Not trying to pee, but I do not see an advantage to the rack and pinion? As said earlier you can change the ratio on either set up and the box is certainly more traditional.  You would have to do some real fab work to get the shaft and ujoints arounf the motor and back in line wouldn't you?

ricardo1967:
I'm updating my tired box and I've been researching on this. Both Strange (www.strangeengineering.net) and Pro-werks (www.pro-werks.com) make nice boxes. Rooman (Keith Burgan) has both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version