Author Topic: race trailer list  (Read 4755 times)

Offline hotrodharley

• View Profile
  • Your Engine: 540 BBC/12-71 BLOWER/26%OD/PG TRANS/4;10 GEARS
  • Your Track: GOODTIMES DRAG STRIP
  • Your Vehicle: FUEL ALTERED
race trailer list
« on: March 26, 2014, 12:22:32 AM »
OK;;i'm shooting to make my very first test&tune with my altered on april 26;;if any of you would have the time to help me out with a list of things you feel I should take with me in trailer..a list of the things i'll more then likely will need at every race;;;Keith Dyer e-mailed me a list he felt i needed..nice list.had it broke down in departments[]general trailer stuff//consumablies//trailer specifics//weather-comfort needs//specific tools[special tools]//general tool box tools//]].some things he had on his list i wouldn't need but he does[example he had a lap top on his list];;I understand everyones list isn't going be same but i can look at all them and at least give me a ideal of things i'll need before i go april 26;;can post list here or e-mail it to me at        darksidefuelaltered@gmail.com

thanks in advance for taking time out to make this list for me..it will be a big help to me[a new racer]
"DARK SIDE" AA/fuel altered
"BADTOYZZ RACING
SPRING CREEK NV

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: race trailer list
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »
Good luck on your first outing!

Be sure to pack lots of patience and common sense.

Take it slow and easy, it it doesn't feel right stop and take a look at what you are doing.

Make several passes just rolling along to get a feel for everything.

Get someone that is experienced to go along with you.

Let us know how it turns out.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Curly1

• View Profile
    • AireTex Compressors
  • Your Best Time: 7.95 @ 167 1/4 mile
  • Your Track: Texas Motorplex
  • Your Vehicle: 125" Altered
Re: race trailer list
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 04:09:55 AM »
I have an enclosed trailer with nice cabinets. I keep everything I need in there and keep adding to it. Make sure you put some snacks in there. Oil filters, spare set of plugs, jets, tools. I bought a very small cheap air compressor off of Ebay, very small and light weight, noisy as can be but it does everything I need it to do. Things like that I want small lightweight and easy to move and use. If it fails or gets stolen etc it is not much.
I would get a good QUIET generator. Mine is a Champion 2000 watt inverter type. You can not hear it running and will run all day long on one fill.
I put a radio in the trailer to hear the announcer when they call us. A couple of chairs to sit in and a fan to keep cool.
I put velcro on the back of my log book and my laptop so they will not slide off my counter when going down the road.
As for a list I made a long list and put everything in the trailer.
Tie downs along the wall for air tank, fuel etc are nice to have.