Author Topic: bleeding brakes  (Read 5431 times)

Offline hotrodharley

• View Profile
  • Your Engine: 540 BBC/12-71 BLOWER/26%OD/PG TRANS/4;10 GEARS
  • Your Track: GOODTIMES DRAG STRIP
  • Your Vehicle: FUEL ALTERED
bleeding brakes
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:15:04 PM »
i have a CNC master cly with M/W duel piston brake claipers [has bleeder on bottom and one on top of caliper]i'm not able to get brakes to bleed..i started out bleed at M/C then at right top and left top then right bottom and last l bottom..not getting any brake pressure at all at bleeders;;everything is new;;am i bleeding wrong or starting at wrong place..been doing brakes on stock cars and hot rods for 50 yrs and never had a probluminum bleeding brakes;;;;the way i bleeding[new way i just started doing a yr ago]is i loosen bleeder and have someone push brake pedel down slow till hits floor and holds there till i tighten bleeder.then he releases pedel back to top..keeping doing this way..has aways worked for me this way on stock calipers with only 1 bleeder per caliper..am  way i'm doing doesn't work with the 4 bleeders[top/bottom of calipers]?
"DARK SIDE" AA/fuel altered
"BADTOYZZ RACING
SPRING CREEK NV

dreracecar

Re: bleeding brakes
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
The 4 bleeders are for inventory so you dont have to stock lefts and rights, only use the top bleeders as mounted.
 Bench bleed the master.  Master in a vice and pump fluid/piston by hand till it flows out the fitting and cap. re-install in car and hook up the lines. Bleed the caliper furthest away from the master starting with the outer bleed screw and then the inner, then go to the next caliper agian the outer screw then the inner. Repeat bleeding sequence of the calipers till you are satisfyed that there is no air left in the system.  Leave the bottom bleeder screws alone.

Offline hotrodharley

• View Profile
  • Your Engine: 540 BBC/12-71 BLOWER/26%OD/PG TRANS/4;10 GEARS
  • Your Track: GOODTIMES DRAG STRIP
  • Your Vehicle: FUEL ALTERED
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »
The 4 bleeders are for inventory so you dont have to stock lefts and rights, only use the top bleeders as mounted.
 Bench bleed the master.  Master in a vice and pump fluid/piston by hand till it flows out the fitting and cap. re-install in car and hook up the lines. Bleed the caliper furthest away from the master starting with the outer bleed screw and then the inner, then go to the next caliper agian the outer screw then the inner. Repeat bleeding sequence of the calipers till you are satisfyed that there is no air left in the system.  Leave the bottom bleeder screws alone.

Thanks;;i was trying to bleed with the bottom bleeders also..once i left them alone then about 4 times bleeding using top bleeders only i got brakes..Thanks Again for your help and others that commented
"DARK SIDE" AA/fuel altered
"BADTOYZZ RACING
SPRING CREEK NV

Offline slingshot383

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mi. 7.95 @ 168
  • Your Engine: Chrysler, alcohol, 528 cu.in.
  • Your Track: Gateway Motorsports Park (the Swamp)
  • Your Vehicle: Undercover Chassis 23T altered
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 06:45:30 AM »
Also remember to pump the brake slowly.  If you do it fast, it will never bleed completely.
Undercover 23T Altered, big block Mopar
Member of the Torque and Recoil Club

Offline ss4

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 5.42 @ 128 - 1/8th
  • Your Track: Northern Michigan Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: Worm Inc. 180 inch Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 07:09:28 AM »
as said bleed with the top bleeders only.  if the master is lower than the calipers you may need a 2 psi residual valve.
if you need to Hate target Laziness