Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

Howdy!

(1/3) > >>

ricardo1967:
Thanks Glen, Spud, Roo and everybody else behind this FED forum.

I’m a FED nut from Columbus, IN (originally from Brazil) with just a couple test passes on my nostalgia FED. The biggest lesson I learned so far is: “It’s not as simple as it looks!”… so please be patient with me as I’ll be asking a lot of questions and advices.

The rig is an old 173’ wheelbase FED I bought as a roller in Markle, IN in 2005. Then I slowly built a SBC 406 (mostly from swap meet used parts), topped with a 1963 Hilborn fuel Injector, model 265-C-8C (1"-13/16").

Here’s a couple videos of the first fire up after engine build:

Then the first test passes, in Bean Blossom, IN. A lot of improvisation to make it there, in the last day of the season in 2011:

Then one more test pass in 2012…

As you can see… there’s a lot to be learned!

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: ricardo1967 on February 02, 2013, 02:25:12 PM ---Thanks Glen, Spud, Roo and everybody else behind this FED forum.

I’m a FED nut from Columbus, IN (originally from Brazil) with just a couple test passes on my nostalgia FED. The biggest lesson I learned so far is: “It’s not as simple as it looks!”… so please be patient with me as I’ll be asking a lot of questions and advices.

The rig is an old 173’ wheelbase FED I bought as a roller in Markle, IN in 2005. Then I slowly built a SBC 406 (mostly from swap meet used parts), topped with a 1963 Hilborn fuel Injector, model 265-C-8C (1"-13/16").

Here’s a couple videos of the first fire up after engine build:

Then the first test passes, in Bean Blossom, IN. A lot of improvisation to make it there, in the last day of the season in 2011:

Then one more test pass in 2012…

As you can see… there’s a lot to be learned!

--- End quote ---

You need a set of wheelie bars! WOW

ricardo1967:
I do have wheelie bars! But they didn't help... being left in the trailer. The thing is that nobody believed taht the old and dried up  slicks would bite... but yes they did.

Blind Mule:
 :o ;D

longm1958:
Last november I was at Don Garlits museum. He told me that FED's were never designed to hook up. Them old slicks did just fine. LOL

Mike L in ga

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version