Drag Racing Discussions > Rear Engine Dragsters

Newbie Intro

(1/1)

spitzerscott:
Hi guys, I currently have a Spitzer RED 225 hardtail that my son will run in Super Pro.  We have a 336 smallblock  Chevy, N/A single butterfly mechanical fuel injection, 100% alcohol.  13.2cr, 600 lift, alum. heads. Powerglide 1.82 low, Aluminum MW modular rear with 4.10 gear. This will be my sons first dragster. I ran front engine cars in the mid 70's and 80's.    Current RED has a Spud Miller flowed pump and is set up on Spud's advice. Looking forward to first full pass.

GlennLever:
Let us know the results.

spitzerscott:
Glenn, I will keep everybody updated.  We have to start with the license passes and all.  I sure hope he doesn't want me to make the shakedown passes, I have never driven a RED, but I can recall how to drive a FED. I will make a few passes before it's all said and done.

wideopen231:
Kid should be fine.I have run TA/D and with few exceptions theres lot less driving to RED. Now I have had mine sideways,shaking so bad cpl times I could only see oragne cones.Then that was 470 ci hemi running whipple charger with 44 lbs plus boost and around 3000 hp.  Even the bracket guys running 615 cin bbc rarely have to do a lot of driving

BK:
My guess is it will run mid to high 8s around 140-150 mph. Should go straight as an arrow. A good way to get him used to the speed and racing. In my experience RED tend to go straighter and are easier to drive. No where near as much fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version