Author Topic: about time there was FED forum  (Read 5579 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
about time there was FED forum
« on: February 02, 2013, 02:41:17 AM »
 I think this should be awsome site.I just joined and think its about time there was a forum for those who are not brain dead and think they have to run engine in rear of car.

Ok I got to rant some.  Been catching crap for past year or so about building a FED seems these bracket guiys think that unless the engine is behind you car can't win race I plan on changing few minds on that.

Im build 225" fed with 526 TFX hemi to run and will be mostly bracket raced with hopefully some nostalgia racing also. Biggest issue for me is the engine  combo . The aluminum block limits some of class' I can run it in. Chassis is built to meet 2.2c spec. I have been getting info from some guy named Parks. Hes great for giving info anf helping in anyway,plus he carries about anything you want for FED.

Its been slow go becuase of low cash flow lately,but I'm gaining on it.

A quik introduction.  I have raced alky funny and daragster mostly crewchief(StarrRider Funny car Named after Alan Starr a good friend of family).I had some driving in and TA/D and ran good numbers but then again the money thing showed up. Been out of racing for while and basically got tired of life going by and being boring so as Paul Newman said In movie "Color of Money "   I'M BACK. Been called cocky I call it good and confident.Its only cocky if you can't back it up.
    I figure if you can to spend money like this it has to be fun. Being normal has never been me. I'm something of showman and what better way to steal the show than being one car totaly different for everyone else. Around here seeing a FED in brackets is like seeing a sapce ship land. Plus they are some badass looking rides and just plain cool. Any freaking whimp can ride down track,real men drive the cars.

a pic of where Im at right now and no injectors not finished along with a lot of other stuff.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline Larry Gocha

• View Profile
Re: about time there was FED forum
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »
Wide Open it looks good I'm in the same boat been out since 99 and I want to get back out there.

Offline rooman

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.200/222.05 (1/4 mile--NT/F)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »
Wideopen,
                Frank parks (and his kid Scott) is a good guy and has some great components in stock. I source some of my stuff from him and when my new Vintage Racing Supply trailer hits the nostalgia events I will be stocking parts from him, Chassis Shop, Murf McKinney and Strange.

Roo
Yeah, I am from the south--any further south and I would have been a bloody penguin.

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 04:19:40 PM »
Hi Rooman,

I had 3 or 4 tell me I needed to call you to get car built. You must be doing something right. This car is being built to be fun and for me the build and tuning is more fun than the ride. Don't get wrong I love the fast ride and if its little out of shape arequires a driver not a light bulb( yea Ive been crewchief good amount) thats even better.

Im building about everything on car for cpl reason.Number one I want to.Number two its cheaper and I have almost no work going on. Number 3 its just cool IMO.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot