Author Topic: Steering turns issue  (Read 26633 times)

dreracecar

Re: Steering turns issue
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »
Absolutely NOT a "Don Long" car--- period

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 11:51:28 AM »
I have SPE box and I located center.Slid the pitman arm on running straight up and down and I can turn front wheels to point the hit last lint and actuall made arm at spindle 1/2" longet to make sure tire did not rub and link is only 3/4 from body at that point. I do have 6" pitman to help clear headers with Hemi and still have to put slight bend in it at that. MAybe got lucky or just screwedup in right order but seems to work great.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 12:32:10 PM »
dreracecar – thank you for letting me know : )  I had bought the car for $2500 at the chrr and just sold it to my friend for $2000, I definitely got $500 worth of enjoyment out of it the past 10 years.  On another note, of all the comments made on Glenn’s forum, I look forward to reading yours the most, because they are entertaining and enlightening (e.g. helpful) at same time.  Thank you for sharing your experience and good information so timely, please do continue!  DF

Offline rooman

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.200/222.05 (1/4 mile--NT/F)
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 01:30:26 PM »
dreracecar – thank you for letting me know : )  I had bought the car for $2500 at the chrr and just sold it to my friend for $2000, I definitely got $500 worth of enjoyment out of it the past 10 years.  On another note, of all the comments made on Glenn’s forum, I look forward to reading yours the most, because they are entertaining and enlightening (e.g. helpful) at same time.  Thank you for sharing your experience and good information so timely, please do continue!  DF

Wow, a fan for Bruce.  :)  you are doing better over here than on the HAMB mate.

Roo
Yeah, I am from the south--any further south and I would have been a bloody penguin.

Offline janjon

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 5.74/124 1/8
  • Your Engine: SB Chev, gas, 350ish
  • Your Track: Houston Motorsports Park
  • Your Vehicle: '65-ish 150" SBC/Glide FED
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »
No Geri, I have never seen tires skinned of the rims from improper Akerman, nor do I care to, especially from anywhere near 150" away!
By the way, kudos on your restoration! Maybe someday I'll get to hear it run up close.
John
Just keep the same amount of stuff on the right
as there is on the left. Seeing straight ahead is highly overrated....

dreracecar

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 02:06:32 PM »
 ;D

Offline buickfed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2014, 05:44:04 PM »
and I haven't done anything to the axle yet because it's too cold in the garage.