Author Topic: Another UK newbie!  (Read 4783 times)

Offline Bob Hawkins

• Pic from Dragstalgia , Santa Pod , UK, 2014
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.81 : 203mph 1/4 mile
  • Your Engine: 434CI Small Block Chevy blown alky
  • Your Track: Santa Pod Raceway/ Shakespeare County Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: SBC powered Dave Tuttle 200 inch FED
  • General Location: London, U.k.
Another UK newbie!
« on: November 06, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
Thank for the kind welcome to this great site from Glenn.

I've been involved in motor sport since the early 70's, mainly circuit racing at a professional and semi -professional level but have always taken a very keen interest in drag racing especially FEDS over the years.

I've been the owner driver of Time Traveller, a 126" unusual UK built  slingshot for the past four years. The car has been around since '67 in various forms and now currently has a 383ci SBC, a glide and a 3;70- 9" rear end. We currently run low 8's with the Wild Bunch and in S/pro ET, we did manage to get into the 7's earlier this year.

We have just acquired the blown injected speed Demon car of ex Ed and Tammy Fargo(Southern Slingshots) fame from Vic Hammond's family, via Sam Freeman.

We are just sorting though the car and should be out for Easter next year with the Wild Bunch. We're hoping to keep Time Traveller for my son and crew chief to have the occasional outing in.

I think this is a really great and useful sight, Bob  [][/img]

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: Another UK newbie!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 09:00:05 AM »
Thank for the kind welcome to this great site from Glenn.

I've been involved in motor sport since the early 70's, mainly circuit racing at a professional and semi -professional level but have always taken a very keen interest in drag racing especially FEDS over the years.

I've been the owner driver of Time Traveller, a 126" unusual UK built  slingshot for the past four years. The car has been around since '67 in various forms and now currently has a 383ci SBC, a glide and a 3;70- 9" rear end. We currently run low 8's with the Wild Bunch and in S/pro ET, we did manage to get into the 7's earlier this year.

We have just acquired the blown injected speed Demon car of ex Ed and Tammy Fargo(Southern Slingshots) fame from Vic Hammond's family, via Sam Freeman.

We are just sorting though the car and should be out for Easter next year with the Wild Bunch. We're hoping to keep Time Traveller for my son and crew chief to have the occasional outing in.

I think this is a really great and useful sight, Bob  [][/img]

There are an number of members from across the big pond.

Welcome.

If you have trouble posting pictures send them to my e-mail and I will put them up for you.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline George

• View Profile
  • Your Vehicle: 1964 Mercury Comet Super Stock/ M automatic
  • General Location: Midwest USA
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 03:40:24 PM »
Welcome Bob, I was over in the UK last Christmas visiting my daughter and son in law. They live in Barnack and work in Peterborough. It was a bit damp and dreary at that time of year. I would love to get back there during the racing season but most of my funds are going into my next project.

Good luck and safe racing. George

Offline Archivist

• View Profile
    • The Acceleration Archive
  • Your Track: Shakespeare County Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: N/a
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:36:43 AM »
Bob,
That is great news about Speed Demon, someone told me it was going to Sweden.
Alan