Author Topic: looking for a "once over" on the chassis  (Read 16102 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: looking for a "once over" on the chassis
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »
Glen,thats a good idea,thw cable/wire chases. I think I will put a few in the upright. As far as the bar below the forward cage loop,is that bar required for a 7.50 and slower car?
  Thanks guys,
                   Roger

Roo Man's design

Not sure Roo Man takes the credit for the creation, I'm just crediting the person that introduced me to the idea.

I think it goes back a long ways and not sure who did it first.Now if Rooman wants credit for something that old who am I to argue. :)

Our first funnycar built in early 80's had them and Im pretty sure Winston Cherry was not first either.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 02:26:24 PM »
Glen,thats a good idea,thw cable/wire chases. I think I will put a few in the upright. As far as the bar below the forward cage loop,is that bar required for a 7.50 and slower car?
  Thanks guys,
                   Roger

Roo Man's design

I think it goes back a long ways and not sure who did it first.Now if Rooman wants credit for something that old who am I to argue. :)

Our first funnycar built in early 80's had them and Im pretty sure Winston Cherry was not first either.

Not sure Roo Man takes the credit for the creation, I'm just crediting the person that introduced me to the idea.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline rooman

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.200/222.05 (1/4 mile--NT/F)
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 09:10:45 PM »
Definitely not my idea but it is the best way to route cables, lines etc and I put them in all of my cars. Frank Parks has the motor uprights in stock for less than it takes to make them yourself if you value your time at more than $10 hour.

Roo
Yeah, I am from the south--any further south and I would have been a bloody penguin.

dreracecar

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »
My two areas of concern is the bend in the upper frame rail at the motor plate being to far back and making that section too flexable in an area that should be ridged and the rear end mounting plates are "HUGE"  and will allow the rear end to walk and shake at the hit. The rear end mounting shoud be as close to the round tube uprite as possible and the mounting plates as small accordingly and the framerail bend shoud be up at the rear motor plate.