Drag Racing Discussions > Gassers

What did you do on your Gasser TODAY?

(1/3) > >>

GlennLever:
What did you do on your Gasser TODAY?

bowtie40:
Started on the drive shaft loops. I could have bought them, but I have a different design in mind... bowtie40.

Flyingdutchmanfc:
A close friend of mine is building this willys, and has been for a long while now. It is an all steel Willys except the doors, its a I think a 392 Hemi beast. Hes not computer savy so I will throw these up for him. I cant say if and when it will see the light of day but its coming along. His build is more of a Pro Street approach. Hes done some rear floor work and a few other things since I took these I will update sometime.

Dolmetsch:
Reworked the hood I got to fit tight to the body. It was from a wreck and had been repaired with a twist. I found the worst spot along the edge. Sliced it , mounted it , tacked it a couple of spots then removed and welded it. Also installed spears to hold top of hood in place so it now attaches with a single big wingnut (Like a windup key.) I ground the welds, gave it a coat of Kitty hair for its initial filler and rough ground it. ALSO have been working on an engine project for some reason. It is an early 318 Poly. I started in porting the heads using much the same methods I did for my all out slant six head. I was surprised how far I could go and still not hit water. This reshaping is major. For some reason I have gone back to this engine. It is bored and has its new rods and pistons.(333 cubes) The heads will need to flow well as I am looking for some serious power. and relatively hi RPM (7000) To reuse an old line, "This is NOT your daddy's 318 poly."  I am being encouraged to install it in the bug gasser however we shall see.  Still very interesting working on it.  My first hot rod was powered by one of these as was the next. I have a soft spot for them.
don

Dolmetsch:
Made and welded up an steering wheel adapter today in steel. Installed the wheel.
don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version