Author Topic: The "Highs and Lows" of drag racing.....lol  (Read 5742 times)

Offline 23T Hemmee

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.78 @ 196+
  • Your Engine: 557 KB-Veney Blown-alky
  • Your Track: Beech Bend-Bowling Green, KY
  • Your Vehicle: 125" Plueger 23T Altered
The "Highs and Lows" of drag racing.....lol
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:34:29 AM »
Got my first #1 qualifier in the 7.00 Pro class at the NDRL AlkyDigger.com Hot August Nights at Edgewater Sports Park in Cleves, Ohio, last Saturday.  Couple that with my first round loss after leading by .007 at the 1000' mark only to give it away in the last 100.'  They say there are 1,000 ways to lose a race....I now know 961 of them.....  :-[  :-[  :-[

Ronny
Mechanical Bull
John 14:6

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: The "Highs and Lows" of drag racing.....lol
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
Got my first #1 qualifier in the 7.00 Pro class at the NDRL AlkyDigger.com Hot August Nights at Edgewater Sports Park in Cleves, Ohio, last Saturday.  Couple that with my first round loss after leading by .007 at the 1000' mark only to give it away in the last 100.'  They say there are 1,000 ways to lose a race....I now know 961 of them.....  :-[  :-[  :-[

I was all set to join the NDRL gathering at Edgewater this past weekend, but my back quit on me. I was VERY disappointed! I will make the New England HRR and the last NDRL race at Bowling Green.

Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline masracingtd1167

• bill masiello Shelton Ct.
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.40's at 181 on motor 6.94 at 192 nitrous
  • Your Engine: 394 chevy
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 2003 Neil and Parks
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:59:54 PM »
Congrat's on your No1 . I would like to go to a couple of NDRL races next year . I think the two in Ohio could be doable

Offline 23T Hemmee

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.78 @ 196+
  • Your Engine: 557 KB-Veney Blown-alky
  • Your Track: Beech Bend-Bowling Green, KY
  • Your Vehicle: 125" Plueger 23T Altered
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 07:14:20 AM »
Sorry to hear about the back issues Glenn, a hard launch in a solid mount car sure won't help that.  I don't know if you see or talk to Steve Walzak that often but he can fill you in on the festivities of last weekend. If you had to miss a race, this one might have been the best one to miss  ::)  ::).  Hope you can make BG next month, running in conjuction with the Nitro Harley guys is definitely a memory maker.

Bill, I'm pretty sure Norwalk is a go for next year, not sure about the other one, but I think the group is looking hard at a northern track or two for next year to help out some of our upper country racers.
Ronny
Mechanical Bull
John 14:6

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:36:48 AM »
Sorry to hear about the back issues Glenn, a hard launch in a solid mount car sure won't help that.  I don't know if you see or talk to Steve Walzak that often but he can fill you in on the festivities of last weekend. If you had to miss a race, this one might have been the best one to miss  ::)  ::).  Hope you can make BG next month, running in conjuction with the Nitro Harley guys is definitely a memory maker.

Bill, I'm pretty sure Norwalk is a go for next year, not sure about the other one, but I think the group is looking hard at a northern track or two for next year to help out some of our upper country racers.

I am good friends with Steve. He lives about two miles from me. We have discussed the problems encountered at Edgewater. We were to caravan together to Edgewater and will be doing so to the New England HRR and BG
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/