Author Topic: Lucky me  (Read 8032 times)

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
Lucky me
« on: August 17, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
So I bid on this 1993 TAD Stirling dragster bare chassis and magnesium body, and yes, I'm the only bidder.  $1500, still can't believe it.  Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290-TAD-Top-Dragster-Chassis-w-Mag-Body-Nitro-Alcohol-Hemi-/321181921470?hash=item4ac7ef30be&item=321181921470&pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr#ht_558wt_1328

I'm going to have it delivered to my friend's shop "Lander's Engineering" to do his magic, make it one of a kind.... with yes a "flathead."  The original owner just got new chassis (from Prudhomme) and I believe is putting all his parts from this one to his new chassis.  I guess we're both lucky.  Looks like some fun in my future......   DF 

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Re: Lucky me
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:06:50 PM »
Lucky is right.  As much as I have been on ebay lately and not seen it.You might still have bought it but not that cheap.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 07:32:24 AM »
wideopen - absolutely right, if you'd of bid, even a dollar higher, you'd of been the new "lucky" owner : )   DF

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:32:12 AM »
Just got this in and had to share, another "lucky me" moment with a flathead....  DF

-----Original Message-----
To: denverflatheader club list:;
Sent: Tue, Aug 27, 2013 5:29 am
Subject: Fwd: Worlds Quickest and Fastest Flathead (as far as we know) 7.695 sec and 174.96 mph. - YouTube

Good morning all.  Guess what happened on Sunday August 25 ?
Read emails below and have looksee at video......   Alan

To: denverflatheader <denverflatheader@aim.com>
Sent: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: Worlds Quickest and Fastest Flathead (as far as we know) 7.695 sec and 174.96 mph. - YouTube

Sure pass it along, that's what its for! Al Burns best time was 7.697 so we just got him by only .002. Looks like the motor isn't hurt either, we're already talking about Denver next year but I haven't heard much about anyone else running in the unlimited class lately........Rick

To: roadrunnerengr <roadrunnerengr@com>
Cc: rick40schnell <rick40schnell@com>; coyoteflathead <coyoteflathead@com>; tklloyd <tklloyd@net>; maxandwan <maxandwan@net>; rhsterbenk <rhsterbenk@net>
Sent: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 3:34 pm
Subject: Re: Worlds Quickest and Fastest Flathead (as far as we know) 7.695 sec and 174.96 mph. - YouTube

Hi Joe.  Thanks for the youtube link.  wowww, Rick's son made smoothest pass ever..... 
Congrats Rick & Joel.  Very Cool !!!

I visited FH Jack at his shop in Walnut Creek back in January 2011.  He told me the same thing, If I remember he said Jack Harris was driver that made that pass and he was working on adding nos nozzle plates between injector stacks and fi unit.  Jack said he wanted to up the mph to 190 with the nos..... don't think he ever finished it.  Look at photo, on his workbench just to the right of the tool box, you can see his aluminum nos tank and the nos individual port fittings that go under velocity stacks.....

Wayne was behind Alan Burns when he made his fast pass at Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green June 2005.

Maybe Tony Lloyd has info on FH Jack's 174.96 run......

Alan

p.s.  Rick, is okay if I pass on your youtube link to our club ?

To: Alan Samura <denverflatheader@aim.com>
Sent: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 8:48 am
Subject: Worlds Quickest and Fastest Flathead (as far as we know) 7.695 sec and 174.96 mph. - YouTube

Hey Alan,

I'm sure you have seen this. What a blast!

But just for clarification I believe Rick told me Al Burns did a 7.68? Also Flathead Jack sent me a photo/poster that said his car went 176.89?

What info do you have?

Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YHs0CG8MA8&feature=youtu.be

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:47:20 PM by GlennLever »

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 02:28:59 AM »
Great Vidieos Alan  What's new on the car?  Tim Jones

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 10:32:41 AM »
Tim – I just sold the rear engine dragster last month to a club member.  He’s going to set it up for a fuel injected nitro burning 292 chev six cylinder and racing pg.  He’s never had a rear engine dragster so he’s excited about it  "lucky him."   

On another note, check out this website, it’s located about one mile north of our dragstrip finish line.  If you look at the picture, you can see the dragstrip running parallel to highway 470.  Maybe when you were here before, you already know about it.  Maybe next time, bring your grandkids to see….  DF

http://www.dinoridge.org/directions.html

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 05:54:54 PM »
Thanks Alan , I took my daugther there when we raced out there, Cool place,,,, Tim Jones