Author Topic: Test N Tune  (Read 88 times)

Offline lake_harley

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.06 @99.58 - 1/8 mi.
  • Your Engine: Carbureted, gas mild 305 Chevy
  • Your Track: Jeffers Motorsports Park - Sikeston, MO
  • Your Vehicle: 145" FED
  • General Location: SE Missouri
Test N Tune
« on: March 22, 2024, 02:31:08 PM »
Heading to the drag strip for our second test and tune event of the year. We raced the car about 10 times last year but tonight is the first night I'm going to try making a pass. It's probably been 50 years since I made a pass down an 1/8 Mile track so if you see this in time let's get those prayers out there for a safe and enjoyable pass.

Lynn

Offline lake_harley

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.06 @99.58 - 1/8 mi.
  • Your Engine: Carbureted, gas mild 305 Chevy
  • Your Track: Jeffers Motorsports Park - Sikeston, MO
  • Your Vehicle: 145" FED
  • General Location: SE Missouri
Re: Test N Tune
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 09:30:11 PM »
OK....check the box marked "Drive a FED". My car has run a best time of 6.62 in the past but I made less than a 10/10 pass and let off a bit early a ran a 7.33. I was really happy it was even that quick. To me, the car comes off the line a lot harder and quicker than it ever looked like it does.

I look forward to making some more passes in the future. It was quite a rush for this 71 year old and makes me appreciate what the regular driver does with the car!

Lynn

Offline JEFF/21C

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: N/A
  • Your Engine: 306 SBC INJECTED ALKY
  • Your Track: NONE
  • Your Vehicle: 23 T ALTERED
  • General Location: eastern canada
Re: Test N Tune
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 07:47:24 AM »
Nice going the idea is to have fun!as you get older it harder to do things on the list,when I was young like you I went to buy a sprintcar but couldn't fit in the cockpit I still want to try but might not be able to get it off the throttle stop never mind race it so do when you can
again nice going!!!!