Author Topic: My great save from a red light video  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Flyingdutchmanfc

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: T.B.D.
  • Your Engine: Chevy 383 alky
  • Your Track: Indianapolis
  • Your Vehicle: 23T Altered
My great save from a red light video
« on: June 21, 2013, 07:09:54 AM »
We had a great night at the track Wednesday, made a few changes to settle the car down it ran slower then normal but in 5 passes it stayed within a few thousands of itself all day. And really it comes down to how consistant the car is that wins races not how fast it went. In this video I had been running .400 pro tree, one yellow then green, the previous 4 passes Wednesday. They stopped running the pro tree unbenounced to me because of the high volume of cars at the track, they were having issues switching back and forth.

I lined up expecting a pro tree but got a sportsman full tree, 3 yellows and then a green. The first yellow lit and I started to launch, but caught they changed the tree to 3 yellows, and stabbed the brake before I red lit. I cant believe I caught the tree had changed and lifted to not red light, of coarse it sure screwed up my reaction time. My reaction time usually is not that great but xxxx my braking foot is awesome. I am thinking about putting the gas pedal on my left foot now.

Live everyday like it were your last, someday it will be.

Offline ricardo1967

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: No full pass yet.
  • Your Engine: Alky SBC 400
  • Your Track: Brown County Dragway (Bean Blossom, IN)
  • Your Vehicle: 173" FED
Re: My great save from a red light video
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 08:01:23 PM »
Great run Flyingdutchmanfc!

One day I want to watch you in person, or help out if you ever need a hand. I'm one hour South of IRP.

Speaking of which.... T&T at IRP.... serious stuff!