Author Topic: Had an awsome day at T&T Wednesday.  (Read 7740 times)

Offline Flyingdutchmanfc

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: T.B.D.
  • Your Engine: Chevy 383 alky
  • Your Track: Indianapolis
  • Your Vehicle: 23T Altered
Had an awsome day at T&T Wednesday.
« on: June 21, 2013, 07:07:28 AM »
I was blessed to have my Son and my 2nd dad Denny go with us to the track. Dennys had some 250 MPH funny cars and altered that I named my altered after, so he had a great time reliving some memories. He ended up learning how to ride his first ATV while he was pulling me to the line and back to the pits. And my son has not wanted to go to the track with us for years so I was happy he wanted to go.

Live everyday like it were your last, someday it will be.

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: Had an awsome day at T&T Wednesday.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 07:10:43 AM »
Outstanding, neither of my sons are interested, and sure which I could get them interested.

You have an awesome track to T&T at.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Flyingdutchmanfc

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: T.B.D.
  • Your Engine: Chevy 383 alky
  • Your Track: Indianapolis
  • Your Vehicle: 23T Altered
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »
Outstanding, neither of my sons are interested, and sure which I could get them interested.

You have an awesome track to T&T at.

Its sad My son could not care less about cars, hes into playing music and skating with zero desire for race cars. I think it was a pitty showing just to make me feel good. And T&T at Indy is spectacular. They take great pride in having that track as sticky on any T&T day as they do for the nationals, EMT always sitting at the return road turn off, they are very prepared and very nice people running the track.
Live everyday like it were your last, someday it will be.

Offline 225digger

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.43 185 mph in a RED
  • Your Track: numidia
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 10:42:13 AM »
hey one could one of you guys be my dad for a bit ?  its oposite with me , dad used to be into cars and drag raced alot in the 70's  he got me into it , but he could care less about it , hes only 63 to . hed rather have mom drag him around by the balls then help out with my new car or express any desire in it .... sad thing is i live on the same property as mom and dad and he doesnt even come into my shop anymore he stays away ..... sucks big time

anyways , joel glad you got out and had a good TNT hopefully you can get some good runs in this yr !

Offline Oldschool

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.42 in a BB Chevy Altered 9.28 in my Vega
  • Your Engine: 434 Scott Shafiroff Racing Engine
  • Your Track: US 36 , Mo Kan and Heartland Park Topeka
  • Your Vehicle: 173" Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:25:39 PM »
I raced with my son on the dirt tracks in a Modified ( 3yrs) and a Sprint Car (1yr) and the most fun I ever had. After the Sprint Car he wanted to retire, because of the danger. I said ok I am going Drag Racing. I put together a BB Chevy Altered ,which blew my mind going for my NHRA License.
It is not the years in your life
But the life in your years

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
I raced with my son on the dirt tracks in a Modified ( 3yrs) and a Sprint Car (1yr) and the most fun I ever had. After the Sprint Car he wanted to retire, because of the danger. I said ok I am going Drag Racing. I put together a BB Chevy Altered ,which blew my mind going for my NHRA License.

Racing with your sons is the best, I have one that is a little taken back by it and another that travels with us when he can.

My wife is the crew chief, and it is not an honorary position. She stages me an does the vehicle maintenance when it is back in the pits, records the weather and calculates air fuel ratio (top pulley needed).
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/