Technical > Matt Shaff's Engine Shop

How big of a supercharger?

(1/2) > >>

masracingtd1167:
Just thinking out loud . How big of a blower would I need to make 300 more horsepower on my smallblock ?

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: masracingtd1167 on June 05, 2013, 02:16:48 PM ---Just thinking out loud . How big of a blower would I need to make 300 more horsepower on my smallblock ?

--- End quote ---
I'm not an expert, but I think it really depends on how hare you drive it rather than size.

tylercrawford:

--- Quote from: masracingtd1167 on June 05, 2013, 02:16:48 PM ---Just thinking out loud . How big of a blower would I need to make 300 more horsepower on my smallblock ?

--- End quote ---

71 series or a centrifugal?

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: tylercrawford on June 06, 2013, 06:32:36 AM ---

--- End quote ---

71 series or a centrifugal?

--- End quote ---
That would really depend on the rules of the association you are racing with and your personal taste.

There are nostalgic organizations that do not allow centrifugal blowers. They require a roots type blower. On top of that some require it to be a standard roots blower and do not allow high helix rotors. The NHRA Nostalgic rules stated that the first year, and than amended their rules to allow high helix rotors.

I don't think a centrifugal blower would look very good on a FED

George:
Two of the group I run with are blown SBC. They both claim to make about 1200 hp. I am making 640 injected. I was told they started with 6-71s and went to 8-71s with better manifolds and really didn't see much difference. A 300hp goal should be an easy one to attain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version