Drag Racing Discussions > Funny Cars

72 Fighting Irish Car

<< < (2/4) > >>

Flyingdutchmanfc:
Now being a display car will this be a running car or an engine that looks like it will run ? I know a guy that's got a couple Hemi blocks, aftermarket blocks used in a funny car in the 70's that have sleeves. But I am just not sure how good the condition is on the blocks.

Tim Jones:
Right at the moment I'm just storing it til the comp coupe is done, I would rather have a running engine in it, but money will decide that, Most Alum blocks can be repaired, the KB in the pic above has had alot of windows fixed in it, an early KB  block would be nice to have , My KB is a stage 6 and it has billet heads, the heads I need for the car are an old set of water heads but there pretty pricey , even the junk ones! But talk to your buddy and see what he has,  Thanks Tim Jones

Tim Jones:
 Nothing really new, still collecting parts here and there for the funny car, Moved both race cars to another barn , We can put the funny car, the comp coupe and the hauler altogether in this one ,plus more secure,  a thief has to get through a pack of large sled dogs to get to the race cars,  The single dog is my head of securty "Lakota", plus some of the other dogs,,     Tim Jones

denverflatheader:
Tim - nice job tidying up, looking organized and ready to do some business out there.  And I agree, running engine always a step up, static display or not : )  Alan

Nightmare AA/FA:
Is this the same body you have?

http://www.ww2racing.com/smith-sattelite.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version