Author Topic: my build 225" fed  (Read 30174 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Re: my build 225" fed
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
vfeeling might be priceless but the parts cost the same and if you change mind and rebuild few things even more.Like 175 bucks worth of chrome moly for new rearend design. Just to save 20 lbs.Doing right the first time would have  helped here. I do like the new one.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »
Just added up cost and so far only 5300 bucks.Good and bad.Good this far for 5300 bucks.Bad its taked this long.I use to spend twice that in phone cal for cpl blowers and 4 times that at first of year for blocks. Hey can i trade the good looks in for wealth.Heck married and they are doing me no good now anyway,as matter of fact niether are cpl other things.I will keep those anyway.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2014, 03:02:55 AM »
Looking Good Chris, Let me know on tradeing looks for wealth , Mine might be worth about seventy five bucks ,  Tim Jones

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 10:04:53 AM »
Man time flys when you get older. Had a while away from car doing stuff at house. Getting some new parts in for car.
New FTI conveter showed up last week. Got great deal from 23T on hemi bell for trans so I could elimanate the adapter plate deal..  Just finished machining valvebody so its now pro tree brake,not aluminum I want  YET.

Just ordered two sheets of alluminum to finish few small projects. Building a oil pan since starter has to recess into it some because TFX does not have mounts for starters and not cutting 5500 buck block. Building new fuel tank for little less fuel was around 4.5 and figure 3.5 is more than big enough,het gallon equals 8 pounds,Getting samller 1" fuel line for same reason save .27 gallons and thats 2 pounds plus the little differance in 1" and 1.25" tube for 10'.

Thought I was getting close till I made a to finish list. Battery,starter,gauges,wiring,fluids, whelie bars,delay box,bushings for spindles. Going to need more than mushroom money to get this thing done soon.

Getting my badboy Harley ready to sale. Takes away from car work timer but hopefully add to car worm funds. Hate selling family member.Especailly one I built most every piece on. Few pics need to get one  of ghost in fed on rear fender.