Author Topic: Vintage style FEd hauler  (Read 17092 times)

Offline Dolmetsch

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: dont bother with times anyome (last 4 years) just
  • Your Engine: 225 slant six Dodge . 246 cubes on 94 octane
  • Your Track: Picton Airfield
  • Your Vehicle: The Senior Dragster
Re: Vintage style FEd hauler
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »
I loaded up the dragster on the new trailer today and went to Belleville Cruise Night. People really liked the 63 MAX Wedge towing a Vintage style rail. There was a constant stream of visitors so much so that I never got to sit down all night. The dragster got far more attenion on the trailer that it has when I have had it parked. Doesnt make sense except I guess the vintage combo draws them
Don
SR Dragster, because old people need to have fun too!

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 08:25:20 PM »
I loaded up the dragster on the new trailer today and went to Belleville Cruise Night. People really liked the 63 MAX Wedge towing a Vintage style rail. There was a constant stream of visitors so much so that I never got to sit down all night. The dragster got far more attenion on the trailer that it has when I have had it parked. Doesnt make sense except I guess the vintage combo draws them
Don
It is always gradating when something you have built appeals to others.

I built a 1970SS 396 El Camino that never really drew the people the way I thought it should, ended up selling it to a gentleman from Holland that later died. I lost track of it and still miss it.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Dolmetsch

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: dont bother with times anyome (last 4 years) just
  • Your Engine: 225 slant six Dodge . 246 cubes on 94 octane
  • Your Track: Picton Airfield
  • Your Vehicle: The Senior Dragster
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »
Ask Herman Meiners on the HAMB. He is big in the American car scene in Holland and he is a friend. He probably can find it.  He is the one with the finnned black Chrysler in his Avatar. I have known him since he was about 17 online and have met him there in person as well. He has had much success in the NL Hot rod magazine industry. Is a printer by trade. If it is still being driven he has probably seen it. They are a pretty tight knit group , the American car owners and racers of Holland.   
Don
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:21:44 PM by Dolmetsch »
SR Dragster, because old people need to have fun too!