Author Topic: which direction to go with FED  (Read 32532 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: which direction to go with FED
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »
Digger its all going to come down to, HOW MUCH MONEY you want to spend, and HOW MUCH HELP can you get to run the car. I know with my slow rinky dink operation its even something I could never do alone. At least 1 person is needed to get it done unless you are a professional athlete by trade, LOL that you are not. Keep it simple and it can be done with 1 extra person to help, make it a BB blown injected alky operation and its a whole new level of money and help needed.

A realistic minimum of 3 extra people to make that happen smooth, 1 to drive the tow and keep it organized, 2 to start the car and get you in the groove after your burnout. Then comes the money part for the extra maintenance. My wife shot this Wednesday, I am driving up behind in my easy on parts low budget car following A mean blown SBC FED, it ran in the high a 6 second # if I read the board right. I cant find anyone to help with my car so its just me and my wife to make it happen, I made my pass and drove back to the trailer.

Heres the car running, man that thing was mean. Sorry the distance from the line to my wife was far, but the sound is all there.

We are a blown alky setup and my wife and I run it. One of my sons helps out sometimes and Steve is around, but basically we are a two person team.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Flyingdutchmanfc

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: T.B.D.
  • Your Engine: Chevy 383 alky
  • Your Track: Indianapolis
  • Your Vehicle: 23T Altered
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 06:03:11 PM »
We are a blown alky setup and my wife and I run it. One of my sons helps out sometimes and Steve is around, but basically we are a two person team.

My hats off to you Glenn, we are in our 50,s now and I think the age is slowing us down, at least that is my excuse today.

rooman that is one bad dragster. I kept telling my wife, TAPE THAT CAR ITS GONNA BE FAST, I wish she were brave enough to get closer. Congrats on the 7.04 on a 7.0 index.
Live everyday like it were your last, someday it will be.

Offline rooman

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.200/222.05 (1/4 mile--NT/F)
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 07:06:08 PM »

My hats off to you Glenn, we are in our 50,s now and I think the age is slowing us down, at least that is my excuse today.

rooman that is one bad dragster. I kept telling my wife, TAPE THAT CAR ITS GONNA BE FAST, I wish she were brave enough to get closer. Congrats on the 7.04 on a 7.0 index.

Never too old. I will be 65 in August and I can still torque the mains on a big show car to 160 ft. lbs. Glenn is no spring chicken either  LOL

Roo
Yeah, I am from the south--any further south and I would have been a bloody penguin.

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 08:28:20 PM »

Never too old. I will be 65 in August and I can still torque the mains on a big show car to 160 ft. lbs. Glenn is no spring chicken either  LOL

Roo

63 this year, been going to the gym lately and it does help.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Flyingdutchmanfc

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: T.B.D.
  • Your Engine: Chevy 383 alky
  • Your Track: Indianapolis
  • Your Vehicle: 23T Altered
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 07:54:44 PM »

Seriously the gym, Ive been thinking about going but am scared I will pull a few more muscles. I can get up off the couch too fast and pull a muscle it seems. I think I will slowly work into something, ive gotta try something thanks for the motivation.
Live everyday like it were your last, someday it will be.

Offline Hotrodhoodlum

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Byron Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: Woody Gilmore FED
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
Im in the same position . Bracket racing done that been there . Im looking for fun not work  . Looking to race some Run what you brung events and Nostalgia Events

Offline George

• View Profile
  • Your Vehicle: 1964 Mercury Comet Super Stock/ M automatic
  • General Location: Midwest USA
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »
Hotrodhoodlum: Central Illinois Dragway in Havana Illinois has a nostalgia race twice a year. You would be welcome to run with the NQSA. We run four races a year. 4.99 is the slowest dial . No delay box. Contact me with a PM if you are interested.

Offline ricardo1967

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: No full pass yet.
  • Your Engine: Alky SBC 400
  • Your Track: Brown County Dragway (Bean Blossom, IN)
  • Your Vehicle: 173" FED
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »
Hotrodhoodlum: Central Illinois Dragway in Havana Illinois has a nostalgia race twice a year. You would be welcome to run with the NQSA. We run four races a year. 4.99 is the slowest dial . No delay box. Contact me with a PM if you are interested.

George, is NHRA cert required?

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »

Seriously the gym, Ive been thinking about going but am scared I will pull a few more muscles. I can get up off the couch too fast and pull a muscle it seems. I think I will slowly work into something, ive gotta try something thanks for the motivation.

Hey 47 and was in gym up to about 4 years ago.In last year Ive lost a lot of very hard earned muscle mass.Loosing fat fine but when my biceps went from 17 1/2 down to close to 16 thats was my get your fat butt  no muscle butt back to the gym notice.

Never been one to ease  into anything.I'm hurting  from it.So if your smart easy does it.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot