Author Topic: interior pictures  (Read 16170 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: interior pictures
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »
The only real time I look at the gauges is in the pits warming up.

My shift light has not been working the last three times out and my shifts have been more constant than with the light.

The bulb is OK, the tach works and the data recorder records the rpm, I have a MSd rpm switch with chick to trigger the light, changed the chip to see if it was bad and it still did not work, I'm thinking the MSD rpm switch is broke.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Dolmetsch

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: dont bother with times anyome (last 4 years) just
  • Your Engine: 225 slant six Dodge . 246 cubes on 94 octane
  • Your Track: Picton Airfield
  • Your Vehicle: The Senior Dragster
Re: interior pictures
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 04:55:12 PM »
I have a heat, oil pressure and volts plus a tach.
The volts is just filling a hole I shouldnt have made.
I like to be sure car is warm before running so I watch the heat on the trip up to the line and poke if I need to to get at least 150F in the water jackets. I glance at it coming back after the run. (around 185 F)
Oil Press I check on fire up.
I use the tach to stage on the converter . Last weekend I could go to about 3900 safely and still hook hard. If bite is superb I will squeeze it to about 4700.
After the armdrop or flag I never see it. Much too busy. Always hang onto the hand brake. Guess I dont want to be fumbling to find it. 
I returned to trans to full auto function with a A&A govenor kit. Can preset the shift with a little rig I installed. Ran it full tilt Sat. Seemed to love it.
 Also have lights. A pair of fog lamps which have saved my bacon a few times as some tracks wouldnt let us run after 8PM without lights. I was informed one night at the line. Flipped the switch and pointed. They had to let me go. I have used them many times when needed. Not sorry to have installed them.  Dash is labled in German which keeps folks from touching stuff they have no business touching.
Don
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:07:51 PM by Dolmetsch »
SR Dragster, because old people need to have fun too!