Author Topic: We painted the body for the Comp Coupe yesterday  (Read 62995 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: We painted the body for the Comp Coupe yesterday
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2014, 05:02:11 PM »
Ranks right up there with Rain.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2014, 02:05:43 AM »
Nice Going Glenn ,, Now we have Snow in the forcast for tonight,,,,, Tim Jones

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2014, 06:28:11 AM »
Nice Going Glenn ,, Now we have Snow in the forcast for tonight,,,,, Tim Jones

I had to spread the misery around as we do also.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »
Glenn – woke up to bleep (rain) here and 34 degrees, suppose to change to bleep (snow) by noon.  Best part, the bleep "is heading your way" and now I know stopping by Tim’s to share…  Maybe if the jet stream changes patterns, it’ll visit masracingtd1167 too and drop off some goodies  : )   Alan

Offline masracingtd1167

• bill masiello Shelton Ct.
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.40's at 181 on motor 6.94 at 192 nitrous
  • Your Engine: 394 chevy
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 2003 Neil and Parks
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2014, 08:26:23 AM »
Thank's Alan!!

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2014, 12:26:51 AM »
Glenn – woke up to bleep (rain) here and 34 degrees, suppose to change to bleep (snow) by noon.  Best part, the bleep "is heading your way" and now I know stopping by Tim’s to share…  Maybe if the jet stream changes patterns, it’ll visit masracingtd1167 too and drop off some goodies  : )   Alan
Not sure which of you guys to Thank, But Some at The Cripple Dog Ranch ( Beth and The Dogs) don't mind another snow day,, Me I'm ready for summer,, Tim Jones

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »
Haven't posted for awhile ,, still pluging away, Got the ramptruck running and loaded the car for some pics, Truck is an 1989 ford , 7.3 deisel 5 speed, with a 1947 ford cab on it,   Tim Jones

Offline JeffV8

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Quaker city
  • Your Vehicle: 164" Woody Gilmore Flexie
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2014, 05:56:53 PM »
Now that's a cool site

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »
Now that's a cool site
  Thanks It will be cooler when it rolls by at 70 MPH ,, Or more ;D ;D ;D  Tim Jones

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2014, 12:32:18 PM »
Tim - yes, for some, those kind of ideas makes you smile, I’m one of those…  “saving” classic ford truck, updating with newer heavy duty ford running gear, hauling vintage racer ford powered… ummm hmmm…  keep it up, that’s right and we’ll start thinking… “Tim’s gotta ford penchant” : ) Alan

p.s.  maybe when you’re ready you might attend our annual flathead-inline nationals race at Bandimere, it happened just a few weeks ago.

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2014, 01:49:47 PM »
Tim - yes, for some, those kind of ideas makes you smile, I’m one of those…  “saving” classic ford truck, updating with newer heavy duty ford running gear, hauling vintage racer ford powered… ummm hmmm…  keep it up, that’s right and we’ll start thinking… “Tim’s gotta ford penchant” : ) Alan

p.s.  maybe when you’re ready you might attend our annual flathead-inline nationals race at Bandimere, it happened just a few weeks ago.
Yeah Alan it's kind of an all ford deal,  I still have a KB to keep things even tho, ,, BTW We do plan on coming out and running that race when the car is running,, Tim Jones

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2014, 10:47:33 PM »
KB for fun, funny car fun?  Like your plan to attend!  I ran the ford 300 six at our nationals race, it’s first outing since putting it together.  Here’s picture of 1st qualifying run making maiden voyage down quarter.  The Bandimere family gave each racer a gift for participating in the Flathead Inline Nationals Race, this year was framed picture.  We had 3 qualifying rounds Saturday with eliminations on Sunday (knocked myself out 2nd round Sunday).  Spud built the magneto, he used rare earth stuff : )

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2014, 03:33:03 AM »
Very Clean looking car Alan,  Back in the late 80's I was out there working on somones car ,maybe testing? when the inline /flathead race was going on looked like a fun deal, so it's always been on the list for this car,, PS the KB is for the funny car when I hit the lottery ;D ;D ;D,,   Tim Jones

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2014, 03:31:29 AM »
Thank you, vintage easier to make clean.  Quite a few of the guys from back in the 80’s no longer race.  They still have garages full of neat stuff, however, none have a funny car project… so you got them all beat : )  We added food to the race, now have a Saturday bbq at the track.  The track has a special area for us that weekend, good company, good food, racing and car show, Yes, “fun deal.”  We all have our “list” mine continually grows detours. 

Offline Tim Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2014, 03:21:18 AM »
Thank you, vintage easier to make clean.  Quite a few of the guys from back in the 80’s no longer race.  They still have garages full of neat stuff, however, none have a funny car project… so you got them all beat : )  We added food to the race, now have a Saturday bbq at the track.  The track has a special area for us that weekend, good company, good food, racing and car show, Yes, “fun deal.”  We all have our “list” mine continually grows detours.
BBQ and race cars Count us in!!!,,  I know what you mean about the detours,, Tim Jones