Technical > Spud Miller's Cave

ram tube length for more power

(1/2) > >>

spookie:
Would matching intake length add more power.I see different length tubes on some dragsters Have crower on a sbc[alcohol].I know length effects toque curve.Any advice would be appreciated.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER:
On a drag car I don't think tube length is that important. I've seen everything from NO tubes to 15" long. The revs on a dragster go up so fast and so high that the optimum tuning length as you make a run quickly diminishes to zero. Especially true if you are using a high stall converter.

dusterdave173:
I played with it--Just keep your nice visual look--shorter stubby do make top end --but in our league not worth giving away the cool look of stacks--tiny gains at our level IMO  --from the cockpit  I love to see the "frost " on the tubes beside the fire coming out the headers
Have fun!

wideopen231:
I would think rpm range has big effect on correct answer here. Look at Jr. fuel guys.No tubes and some running into 6.90 or quicker with SBC. I was never crazy about the staggered length look.  If I ran that style injection it would very short stacks

spookie:
Thanks for your input,will keep the cool look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version