Technical > Roo Man's Room

extra holes in motor plate

(1/2) > >>

gordon:
On my FED the motor plate is drilled for late Chrysler and BBC/SBC  When my BBC is bolted in, there are partial holes showing due to the Chrysler pattern, is this a problem ? Also is 40" from axle centerline to back of motor plate enough room for clutch can (8 5/8"-8 1/8")  and 2 spd lenco with reverser ? I realize I might have to slide engine forward to service trans that is alright just not sure if it will fit. couple years back I was told a min. dimension and can't find it in my notes. I plan on going to clutch and 2 spd set up in future.

wideopen231:
Should be fine and doubt you will have to move engine. Only takes length of studs from bell to get trany out what 1.5 inch's. In put can stay in  3ps would be questionable.

gordon:
Do I need to fill extra holes from dual pattern motor plate ? could not find it mentioned in rules

lake_harley:
I hope "extra" holes in a midplate don't have to be plugged/closed. If they do, I need a different mid-plate. :'(

Lynn

Supercat:
If you do need to close the holes,  thread them and use appropriate size Allen plugs. Just a fix I have used elsewhere .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version